More Than Leaves Are Falling
- Hope for High Holiday Sales in a Bah-Humbug Year. Corcoran, Mary // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p8
Forecasts on the increase in sales of wireless communication service providers for the 2001 Christmas season. Gains experienced by several wireless communication companies in 2000; Views of analysts on holiday sales; Evidence on the increase in sales in every fourth quarter of the year.
- Global economic slowdown not affecting handset sales in Asia-Pacific region. Sharma, Dinesh C. // RCR Wireless News;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p28
Reports on the outlook on shipments and sales of wireless devices in the Asia-Pacific region for 2002. Forecast on the 2002 global sales of handsets by Gartner Dataquest; Prediction on handset shipments in the region by Yankee Group analysts; Main drivers of wireless growth in the region.
- Smart handheld market to reach $26 billion. Legard, David // InfoWorld;03/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p58B
Focuses on the sales growth forecast for handheld information technology and communication devices by year 2004. Number of units to be sold worldwide; Rapid pacing of technology for mobile devices; Market domination of personal digital assistants.
- Handset Dip Would Be Industry First. // Wireless Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the expected decline in mobile phone sales for 2001 in the United States. Factors affecting the wireless industry.
- In-Building Wireless Development Revenue to Approach $10 B in 2012. // Microwave Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p67
The article reports on the forecast of In-Building Wireless (IBW) systems by ABI Research Inc. that they are showing solid adoption rates and should register almost 10 billion dollars worth of deployments in 2012.
- Nokia, Motorola forecast flat infrastructure sales. // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the outlook of wireless manufacturers Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc. for wireless infrastructure equipment in 2003. Sales forecast of each company for 2004; Warning issued by Nokia about its second-quarter 2003 earnings; Operating loss posted by the Semiconductor Products Segment of...
- Handsets in hindsight. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the decline in prices of wireless handsets in the U.S. Increase in sales of mobile phones; Factor that will put an upward pressure to handset price starting 2005.
- MEMS Moves Stealthily into the Wireless Sector. // Microwave Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p45
Looks at the growth of the wireless microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) industry. Projection on its growth rate between 2001 and 2006; Hurdles to the use of wireless MEMS sensor networks; Forecast on the sales of wireless MEMS sensors by 2006.
- Boom year on the horizon for consumer electronics. Benedetti, Marti // Modern Metals;May2006, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the factors that contributed to the improving consumer electronics sales in the U.S. in 2006. Forecast of factory sales of consumer electronics for the year; Impact of upgrades in several electronic product categories on the economic trend; Effect of demands for mobile phones on the...