Oftel's Edmonds Faces Blazing E.U. Criticism
- What's your medicine? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p14
Discusses Oftel director general David Edmonds' survival strategies in the telecommunications market in Great Britain. Local loop unbundling for broadband networks; Support for infrastructure competition.
- BT told to cut cost of high-speed internet. Grainge, Zoe // Utility Week;9/20/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the proposal of Oftel company for British Telecom to halve the connection charges of its wholesale high-speed Internet lines for businesses. Guidelines of Oftel on how it would implement access obligations imposed on communications network operator with significant market power;...
- Board focus. Goswami, Nina // Lawyer;5/19/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p21
The article profiles David Edmonds as chairman of Legal Services Board (LSB) in Great Britain. Edmonds' experience is expansive, which ranges from being the Housing Corporation (HC)'s chief executive to a spell as managing director at NatWest to chairing the National Health Service (NHS). Edmond...
- Out of controls. Firth, Peta // Utility Week;4/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p16
Discusses the reasons of Oftel for removing some of British Telecommunications' price controls as of April 12, 2002. Remarks from Oftel director general David Edmonds; Discussion on the market share of BT; Views of Powergen director of marketing John Evans on the issue.
- Russia, Ukraine, EU to meet Friday on gas plan. // Energy Today (Hungary);5/30/2014, p3
The article reports on the new negotiations on gas plan to be held by officials from Russia, Ukraine and the European Union (EU) in Berlin, Germany in May 2014 amid a Russian threat to cut supplies which feed several countries.
- Oftel backs BT over networks. // Utility Week;7/19/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Reports that David Edmonds, director general of telecoms regulator Oftel, would not support the government's call for divestment of British Telecom's (BT) networks. Comments from Edmonds on the divestment of BT.
- Turkish support for EU accession drops. // Market: Europe;Mar2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
The article provides information on the declining support of Turkish consumers on European Union (EU) accession. The Autumn Eurobarometer survey, which was carried out by the European Commission (EC), shows that there is a declining support among Turkish consumers for the benefits of EU...
- THE INFLUENCES OF NEW COMMERCIAL PREMISES WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION OVER TRADE NEGOTIATIONS. Bucur, Iamandi Gheorghe // Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov. Series V: Eco;2010, Vol. 3, p17
In the context of alignment with European Union standards, commercial activities become true instruments of market mechanisms regulation within which commercial negotiation is expanding the role of a central pillar in facing highly competitive and continued restructuring generator market. Taking...
- Trade representatives hopeful on ag negotiations. // Western Farm Press;2/15/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses a workshop held at the American Farm Bureau Federation's 95th annual convention in San Antonio, Texas along with views of trade representatives JoÃ£o Vale de Almeida and Rowena Hume on negotiations for trade partnership with the European Union and Trans-Pacific partners.