Carriers Gear Up For Number Portability
- C-Block PCS: On The Verge Of A Notice. // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the rule of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the plasma-current switch (PCS) spectrum for businesses. Views of PCS carriers with C- and F-Block licenses; Petition filed by Sprint and US West for PCS licenses.
- FCC Plans New Spectrum Cap Rules Before Year-end. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p142
Announces the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to launch a rule-making to reconsider the need for frequency spectrum aggregation limits in telecommunication industry. Decision of the FCC on the 45 megahertz spectrum cap; Recommendations from the Wireless...
- Possible competitive bidding process improvements discussed. Wayne, Debra // RCR;06/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission appears to be unable to establish an auction plan for the telecommunications industry on which all parties can agree. Areas of contentions; Factors which resulted in a lack of financial success of F-block personal and wireless...
- A lesson in growth. Brothers, Art // America's Network;03/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p54
Provides information about telecommunications industry in the United States. Details on the policy of the federal communications commission (FCC) on independent telephone companies.
- Editors Look At The Road Ahead. // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the trends and issues related to telecommunication services and industries in the United States (US). Spectrum policy of the US Federal Communications Commission; Efforts of the editorial staff of `Wireless Week' periodical to address issues related to telecommunication; Views on...
- Paying For Numbers. // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p8
No abstract available.
- Return Of The Auction Deposits. Rockwell, Mark; Vaughan, Allyson; Bassuener, Kristy // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission would return deposits put down by carriers on disputed spectrum licenses. Reaction of Conrad Bagne of Alaska Native Wireless to the decision; Percent of each bidder's down payment that the agency would retain; Worth of Verizon Wireless'...
- FCC, Congress: Let RE competition run its course. Rising, Nelson C. // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2000, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p58
Focuses on the actions taken by some competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC) to gain access and provide buildings in the United States with various voice and data services. Request of the CLEC from the Federal Communications Commission; Survey by the Building Owners and Managers Associations...
- Fair play in technology. Gallt, Jack J. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the implementing rules made by the United States Federal Communciations Commission (FCC) under the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Provisions in the law that call for affordable access to telecommunications services for schools and libraries; Importance for the FCC to address the...