Nextel Eyeing Sole Major SMR Survivor?
- Mobex's decision to switch rather than fight starts to pay
off for dispatcher. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p40
Reports on the decision of wireless carrier Mobex Communications Inc. to abandon its strategy of trying to compete in dispatch frequency bands dominated by Nextel Communications Inc. License rights won by Mobex; Average bill of a Mobex consumer; Deal between the wireless carrier and Central...
- Mobex expands SMR and two-way paging. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Reports on Mobex Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Indianapolis, Indiana-based Communications Maintenance Inc. and Richmond, Virginia-based Radio Communications.
- Nextel Guns For Nextwave Spectrum. // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p1
Deals with the approval of the United States government on the spectrum acquisition of Nextel Communications Inc. on NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Benefit of the acquisition on Nextel.
- One deal behind. O'Shea, Dan // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p18
Comments on the merger of U.S. wireless carriers Sprint and Nextel. Impact of the merger on the wireless industry; Importance of the merger to Sprint; Forecast for the outcome of the merger.
- Gag Doesn't Stop Nextel's Hinting Offer. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/08/99, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the suggested offer of Nextel Communications Inc. for NextWave Personal Communications' licenses. Amount of the offer; Comments from Fordham Huffman, attorney of Nextel; Views on the offer.
- Nextel acquires option from Comcast. // RCR;03/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on Nextel Communications Incorporated's agreement to purchase Comcast Corporation. How the purchase will be made; Terms of the agreement; Comments from parties involved; Business interest of Nextel and Comcast.
- Two Nextel stores bought by Pyramid. // RCR;06/02/97, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p28
Reports on the purchase of Nextel Communications Service Shop in Greenwood, South Carolina and the Nextel Communications Sales and Service Shop in Albermarle, North Carolina by Pyramid Communications. Provisions of both stores.
- Canada next for Nextel. Bridgeforth, Arthur // Crain's Detroit Business;09/15/97, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p18
Focuses on an agreement between Nextel Communications Incorporated and Clearnet, a Canadian wireless provider which is permitting Nextel to connect with its digital `Mike' network. Comments by Linda Marshall, president of Nextel's Great Lakes region.
- Nextel expands acquisition strategy with Brazilian purchase. Pate, Kelly // RCR;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p55
Reports that Nextel Communications Incorporated plans to buy most of Wireless Ventures of Brazil Incorporated, the owner of Brazil's only nationwide specialized mobile radio license. Amount of the company's stock which Nextel will purchase; Information on Nextel; Statistics on Brazil's cellular...