Combination of oral ketamine and midazolam as a premedication for a severely autistic and combative patient
- EFFECTS OF KETAMINE AND MIDAZOLAM ON MORPHINE INDUCED DEPENDENCE AND TOLERANCE IN MICE. Asl, Bohlul Habibi; Hassanzadeh, Kambiz // DARU;2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p101
The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of ketamine and midazolam on prevention of the development of morphine tolerance and dependence in mice. Different groups of mice received morphine (50 mg/kg, sc), morphine (50 mg/kg. sc) + ketamine (25,50,75 mg/kg, ip), morphine (50 mg/kg,...
- Anesthesia for Outpatient Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery: Midazolam-Low-Dosage Ketamine Anesthesia. Scarborough, Dwight A.; Bisaccia, Emil; Swensen, Richard D. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Jun89, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p658
Cardiovascular, respiratory, CNS, and postoperative effects of using low-dose ketamine and midazolam combined with local anesthesia during 40 outpatient cosmetic procedures are reviewed. This method of anesthesia is safe, effective, and well-tolerated by patients.
- fast facts. // Ketamine Fast Facts;6/1/2007, p1
The article presents information on ketamine. Ketamine is developed as a surgical anesthetic. Although pharmaceutical ketamine is liquid, it is often microwaved until dry, then crushed into a powder. The physiological effects and risks posed by ketamine are mentioned. The medical uses of...
- Ketamine Sedation in Children and Adults. Mace, Sharon E.; Li, James // Practical Summaries in Acute Care;Oct2007, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p77
The article explores the key issues associated with the use of ketamine in the acute care setting for procedural sedation. A study was conducted to determine the frequency and severity of emergence phenomena in ketamine-sedated children with and without adjunctive midazolam. The study found no...
- Evaluation of Ketamine Abuse Hair Analysis: Concentration Trends in a Singapore Population. Leong, H. S.; Tan, N. L.; Lee, T. K. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p314
Presents a method for the detection of ketamine in hair in Singapore. Extraction of the hair samples; Method used in analyzing the extracts; Correlation between the amount of ketamine and the frequency of abuse.
- Dexmedetomidina epidural em gatas submetidas Ã ovariosalpingohisterectomia sob anestesia total intravenosa com propofol e prÃ©-medicadas com cetamina S(+) e midazolam. Dorigon, Otávia; Oleskovicz, Nilson; de Moraes, Aury Nunes; Dallabrida, Ademar Luiz; Flôres, Fabíola Niederauer; Soares, André Vasconcelos; Mores, Thiago José // CiÃªncia Rural;may2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p791
The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of the epidural administration of dexmedetomidine in cats submitted to ovariohisterectomy, under continuous infusion of propofol. The cats received S(+) ketamine (5mg kg-1) and midazolan (0.5mg kg-1) as premedication by intramuscular...
- Topological Traps Control Flow on Real Networks: The Case of Coordination Failures. Roca, Carlos P.; Lozano, Sergi; Arenas, Alex; Sánchez, Angel // PLoS ONE;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
Ketamine is a widely used dissociative anesthetic which can induce some psychotic-like symptoms and memory deficits in some patients during the post-operative period. To understand its effects on neural population dynamics in the brain, we employed large-scale in vivo ensemble recording...
- The effect of target-controlled infusion of low-dose ketamine on heat pain and temporal summation threshold. Lee, Joon-Ho; Cho, Sung-Hwan; Kim, Sang-Hyun; Chae, Won-Soek; Jin, Hee-Cheol; Lee, Jeong-Seok; Kim, Yong-Ik // Journal of Anesthesia;2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p516
Purpose: We investigated the heat pain threshold (HPT) and temporal summation threshold (TST) before and after target-controlled infusion (TCI) of ketamine with an effect-site concentration (Ce) of 30 and 60 ng/ml. Methods: Healthy young volunteers ( n = 20) were enrolled. A thermode was applied...
- Buzagilarda Tiletamin-Zolazepam-Xylazin ve Ketamin-Xylazin Anestezisi. Sindak, Nihat; Yurekli, Ugur Fahri; Sertkaya, Hasan; Sakar, Mehmet // Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences;2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p775
Determines the anaesthetic effects of combinations of tiletamine-zolazepam-xylazine and ketamine-xylazine in the calf. Average duration of the anaesthesia; Biochemical and haemotological parameters.