Area Code Proposal Gains Leverage
- Spectrum Cap Bill Now Afloat. // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Reports on a bill in the United States that would exempt from the spectrum cap any future commercial wireless licenses assigned at auction. Role of the bill in promoting next-generation mobile services; Consistency of the bill with the move to eliminate barriers to making wireless carriers...
- Wireless Bills Remain On Congress' Front Burner. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p19
Provides information on several legislative bills in the United States concerning the wireless communication industry. Telecommunication Merger Review Act; Private Wireless Spectrum Use Act; Mobile Telecommunication Sourcing Act; Justice for MAS Application Act of 1999.
- Moves On The Hill. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p5
Reports on wireless communication-related legislative initiatives in the United States Congress as of July 2000. Spectrum Resource Assurance Act; Mobile Telecommunications Sourcing Act; Repeal of the federal excise tax on telephone service.
- Back On The National Front... Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/8/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p24
Reports on a legislation proposed by U.S. Senator Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) that would have consequences for the U.S. wireless industry. Details of the legislation; Groups and individuals who endorsed the bill; Consequences of the bill on consumers.
- Lawmakers work to wrap up business for campaign time. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p26
Reports on developments concerning several legislative bills of importance to the wireless communications industry in the United States as of June 19, 2000.
- NextWave resolution legislation introduced. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the introduction of the Prompt Utilization of Wireless Spectrum Act of 2001 in the United States House of Representatives in December 2001. Sponsors of the legislation; Estimated amount the bill authorizes and appropriates to be paid to NextWave Telecom Inc.; Estimated amount that...
- Privacy bill found, moves closer to vote. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/26/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p1
The article focuses on the possible enactment of a bill outlawing deceptive tactics by data brokers to acquire and sell cellular telephone records in the U.S. House of Representatives. A legislation criminalizing pre-texting has been passed by the House Judiciary Committee. Several data-broker...
- ITA's Talk Gets FCC's Attention. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p1
Deals with the bill in the United States (US) introduced in the Senate that would direct the Federal Communications Commission to protect private wireless spectrum from auctions. Features of the Private Wireless Spectrum Use Act; Suggestions by the Industrial Telecommunications Association.
- Warner introduces spectrum-auction bill. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;2/22/2011, p1
An excerpt from the "National Journal" regarding the U.S. Senator Mark Warner's introduction of a bill which would give Federal Communications Commission (FCC) the authorization for holding incentive auctions for free wireless spectrum is presented.