Nextel Lowers Projections
- Carrier playbook. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;8/25/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p10
Describes the relationship among wireless communication carriers. Sprint PCS and Verizon; Cingular and T-Mobile; Nextel and Verizon.
- E911 Progress Reports Send Mixed Signals. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p6
Reports that carriers in the U.S. still have significant problems to overcome despite progress on implementing enhanced 911 (E911) services. Reason Sprint PCS might not make a deadline requiring that 25 percent of all the new handsets it sells are Global Positioning System- (GPS) capable; Date...
- Stock Pick. Buckingham, John // Medical Economics;11/17/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 22, p21
The article reports on the market performance of Sprint Nextel Corp., the merge of communication company Sprint Corp. and Nextel Communications Inc. According to the report, the new company offers a superb foundation for growth in the evolving communications sector. The author stressed that the...
- Carriers, analysts brush off RadioShack's reduced forecasts. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the effects of RadioShack's anticipated second-quarter sales in 2001 on the wireless telecommunication industry. Decline in the stock price of Sprint PCS following RadioShack's projected sales shortfall; Agreement of Verizon Wireless with RadioShack to sell handsets and services.
- Tangled in a wireless Web. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/24/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the wireless Internet plans of several telecommunication companies in the United States in 2000. Availability of the wireless Web service of Sprint PCS; Introduction of Nextel Online wireless Internet service for businesses in April 2000; Launching of the mobile Web service of Verizon...
- Analysts mixed about Sprint PCS guidance. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p16
Deals with the confidence of Sprint PCS that it can beat its expected net customer additions for the first quarter of 2002. Reaction of industry analysts to the forecast of the company; Details on the performance of the company in the fourth quarter of 2001; Number of customers the company hopes...
- Throwing Nextel A Curve Ball. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p1
Reports that the Direct Connect service offered by Nextel Communications Inc. in the U.S. will be challenged by competitors in 2002. Technology to be used by Sprint PCS; Views on the competition; Advantage of Nextel over competitors.
- Sprint PTT service falls short of Nextel's, but tops Verizon's. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the mixed performance reviews received by Sprint PCS' Ready Link walkie-talkie service. Advantage of Nextel Communications Incorporated's Direct Connect service over Ready Link; Comments from Phil Cusick, telecommunication analyst at Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.; Similarities and...
- Sprint PCS Slashes Expectations For 2002. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p4
Reports that Sprint PCS has slashed its projected customer addition estimates for 2002 in the U.S.. Net loss and profit posted by the company in the fourth quarter of 2001; Outlook of Bill Benton, a William Blair & Co. analyst on the company's prospects.