Where's CTIA On Driving Issue?
- Verizon reminds N.Y. to go hands-free. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p43
Deals with Verizon Wireless' reminders to its New York customers about the use of hands-free communications technology when talking and driving. Options given by the company to customers for complying with the hands-free law; Amount of fines facing customers who choose to ignore the law.
- State legislators try to find common ground on telematics, driving, safety. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p26
Focuses on the efforts of state legislators across the United States to find a common ground on the use of wireless devices while driving.
- Legislators Say No To Driving Talking Law. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p12
Reports that the National Conference of State Legislatures in the United States passed a resolution opposing federal legislation that would require states to restrict the use of mobile phones while driving. Information on the bills proposed by Representative Gary Ackerman and Senator Jon...
- N.Y. drivers revert to old habits despite handheld ban. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the results of a study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety about the impact of a ban on the use of handheld mobile phones while driving in New York. Pattern of initial compliance with the law; Inconsistency of the enforcement of the ban.
- Throwing Truckers Under the Bus? An Evaluation of the Federal Ban on Hand-Held Mobile Telephone Use By Operators of Commercial Motor Vehicles. Potts, Brian C. // Transportation Law Journal;2014, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p33
The article focuses on the laws made for prohibiting the drivers of the commercial motor vehicles on using the mobile phones during driving. Topics discussed include laws made for regulating the penalties for violating the rules of driving a commercialized motor vehicle, laws made for using the...
- CTIA Super Mobility Week Has Retail Focus. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/18/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p4
The article offers information on the CTIA Super Mobility Week convention and exhibition to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada in September 2014.
- CTIA Expects Rebound At 25th Anniversary Show. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/8/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
The article mentions the silver anniversary of CTIA-The Wireless Association, which has been in the wireless industry trade for 25 years.
- Global news highlights. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Feb2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p67
No abstract available.
- PCIA supports Wireless Privacy bill. Anderson, Susan; Chaffee, Maggie // Wireless Review;04/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Announces the US House of Representatives' approval of the Wireless Privacy Enhancement Act.