Holiday Season Jitters
- Don't be fooled by fake flow. Harris, Rick // Metalworking Production;4/15/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 5, p10
Reports on issues in the production design of cellular system. Symptoms of fake flow; Advantages of continuous flow; Mistakes in cell design.
- Fastap Technology Ready For Rollout; Faster Text Entry Promised. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p88
Reports on development of prototype cellular telephones capable of incorporating faster text-entry technology. Description of the technology; Comparison of functions of these telephones with other cellular telephones.
- Family radios. // Discount Store News;6/21/99, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p25
Reports the profitability of family radios as a category in the United States, according to the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association. Sales growth of the family radios category of Motorola; Information on the Family Radio Service implemented by the government; Comments from Kimberly...
- Shortages. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;5/6/96, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p6
Presents a listing of products which some New York companies are having shortages with. Survey conducted by the National Association of Purchasing Managers'; Names of products.
- New Products. // Wireless Review;03/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p48
Features several items and products in wireless communication industry. Wavetek 4107 mobile phone tester; Fireberd 500 PC from TTC; MobiDARC voice pager from Info Telecom.
- Wi-Fi/Cell Buzz Revs Up. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p26
Focuses on the introduction of handsets and systems that offered cellular and wireless fidelity capabilities in one cellular handset in the U.S. in 2004. Target customer of the cellular handsets; Handset manufacturers that are developing handsets which combine various wireless technologies.
- RIM, HTC bet on HSPA. Chau, Fiona // Telecom Asia;Jun2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the launching of BlackBerry Bold and Touch Diamond phones by RIM and Taiwan OEM High Tech Computer Corp. The two devices have shown the market that they have something to win over customers in Asia and both gadgets have won praise in many reviews with their impressive...
- Surge in growth of cellular networks. Chambers, Daryl // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Sep2005, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p23
Comments on the increase in applications using cellular telemetry to manage and control industrial processes. Improvements implemented by cellular operators to support cellular telemetry applications; Examples of remote cellular polling systems where equipment is polled every 30-60 seconds;...
- SUPPLIES SHOWROOM. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p88
Presents updates on several items used in food service as of October 15, 2002. Camtrays from Cambro; FastPic4 inventory management and control software from FastPic Systems; TN Series of professional two-way radios from Motorola.