- Upgrade activity begins to slow, but raters say issuers remain healthy. Cintron, Ivan; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p1
Reports that upgrades of municipal debts in the United States again surpassed downgrades at the three major rating agencies during the second quarter of 1998. Assessment made by Standard & Poor's, Moody's Investors Service, Fitch IBCA Inc.; Relation between tax collection and upgrading;...
- S&P Default Study Reveals Stable Munis, No Surprises. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;06/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31160, p1
Reports that the credit quality of unenhanced municipal bonds shows significant stability in the face of outside forces in the United States. Federal mandates and tax reforms; Stability of the public finance market.
- Rating changes. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p34
Lists credit rating changes among municipal bond issuers in the United States as of May 7, 1999. Includes the general obligation bonds of the Atlantic City Municipal Authority, New Jersey; Amount covered by and rationale behind the change; Name of credit rating agency.
- Research digest. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;06/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30407, p10
Features the credit ratings of certain municipal bonds in the United States. Lottery-backed bonds; Montana's general obligation debt; Municipal bond insurance.
- Early Fitch Study Results Reveal Gaps Between Sectors. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30717, p5
Reports on the credit quality of municipal bonds in the United States. Fitch IBCA Inc.'s study of default rates; Preliminary data circulated among participants.
- Rating changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p20
Presents a chart indicating changes in credit ratings for several municipal bond issues in the United States, as of February 14, 2000. Includes Mansfield Industrial Development Corp.'s adjustable convertible extended securities; Michigan State's trunk line fund bonds; Michigan Strategic Fund's...
- Rating Changes. Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p28
Lists municipal bonds in the United States whose credit ratings have changed. Includes upgrade for Pennsylvania's Bethlehem Township Municipal Authority general obligation bonds; Downgrade of Kentucky's multifamily housing bonds; Upgrade for the higher education bonds of the Tennessee State...
- Rating changes. Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;07/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30195, p20
Presents a chart tabulating changes in credit ratings on municipal bonds by local governments and agencies in the United States. Includes the Beaver County Industrial Development Authority, Pennsylvania pollution control revenue bonds; Inglewood Public Financing Authority, California...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31127, p32
Presents a chart showing credit rating changes of bond offerings in the United States as of April 27, 2001. Issuer; Amount; Rating agency; Comments.