Museum Deal Showcases J.P. Morgan's Artistic Interests
- Municipals Firm, Trading Moderate; $175 Million of Ohio GOs Repriced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Trading status of municipal bonds; Reduction in equities; Reprice of Ohio higher education general obligation bonds by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- Houston Hospital Puts Final Touches on Revenue Bond Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31178, p32
Reports on J.P. Morgan Securities and Houston, Texas-based Saint Luke's Episcopal Hospital's plan to finalize the details of a tax-exempt revenue bond issue on July 2001. Plans to use the proceeds from the negotiated sale to finance the construction of a community hospital; Rating of the deal...
- Munis Firm, Treasuries Rise; $668M Georgia GO Deal Leads. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p2
Provides an overview of the United States bond market on August 3, 2004. Strengthening of municipal bonds; General obligation (GO) bonds sold by Georgia; Treasuries trading; New-issue market; Georgia GO bonds bought by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- J.P. Morgan fortifies its business in California. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p3
Reports on J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s launching of an effort to bolster its presence in the Western United States municipal bond market. Transfer of one New York City-based executive to San Francisco, California; Recruitment of three other bankers from competitors.
- J.P. Morgan Violated Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam // Bond Buyer;2/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32313, p1
The article focuses on the violation of Rule G-37 by J. P. Morgan Securities Inc. by serving as lead or co-underwriter of five negotiated municipal bond deals totaling almost one billion dollars for New York State authorities. One of the municipal finance professionals of the state contributed...
- Muni Yields Unchanged, tone Firm As Pre-Holiday Week Ends Early. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p2
This article reports that while the underlying tone in the municipal bond market in the U.S. remained firm, yields were unchanged on May 23, 2003 as trading slowed down ahead of the Memorial Day weekend. Long-term bonds continued to benefit from expectations that the economy would remain weak...
- Tobacco Thrives, Airlines Slide, and a Decent-Sized Deal at Last. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31596, p7
High-yield investors in the U.S. looking for supply in the municipal market have focused on tobacco and airline debt in the absence of other issues, but as airline credits weaken they have become less attractive, and new, more traditional paper is in the pipeline. The first sizable new...
- Secondary Slips; Decent Interest in New Issues. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p2
The article reports on the performance of the secondary municipal bond market in the United States on March 15, 2006. J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. yielded has lowered yields by one to two basis points to the intermediate range when repricing 650 million dollars of general obligation bonds in...
- Pay-to-Play Case Nets Guilty Plea. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p1
The article reports that a former J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. vice president pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court yesterday to two counts of wire fraud in connection with the ongoing pay-to-pay investigation in Philadelphia as of January 2005. Anthony Snell pleaded guilty in connection with his...