Breakthroughs for Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project
- Strengthening from Within. Darden, Christy; Scott, Thomas J. // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p46
Details the restoration project for the historic Wisconsin Avenue Bridge in Washington, D.C. Description of the bridge; History of the bridge; Issues and factors considered in planning and executing the restoration project.
- Road Warriors. Adler, Jonathan H. // National Review;6/28/1999, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p26
The article focuses on the decision of U.S. district court judge Stanley Sporkin to stop the expansion and renovation of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Washington, D.C. The bridge is deteriorating and government officials were planning to expand it from six lanes to twelve to ease traffic...
- Not a bridge too far. // Architectural Record;Feb2000, Vol. 188 Issue 2, p39
Reports on the federal appeals court's decision rejecting opposition to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge near Washington, D.C.
- Appeals court ruling removes roadblock. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30791, p7
Reports on the plan to reconstruct the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Washington, D.C.
- Suicide from bridges in Washington, DC. Lester, David // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct93, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p534
Examines the effects of barriers installed on the Taft and Duke Ellington bridges in Washington DC on the number of suicides from these bridges. Number of suicides from bridges from 1979 to 1985; Mean number of bridge suicides from 1979 to 1985 and 1987 to 1989; Analysis showing that total...
- Historic bridge returned to original appearance. Giamario, Ronald; Marks, Michael // Roads & Bridges;Jun98, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p58
Details the upgrade made to the Church Street Railroad Bridge in Cumberland, Rhode Island. Original features of the railroad; History of the bridge; Five alternatives presented to the Rhode Island Department of Transportation for the construction of the railroad; Agencies that reviewed the...
- Is a new Tappan Zee part of 1-87's future? Skriloff, Dylan // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the two public reviews for the Tappan Zee Bridge upgrading project in Hudson Valley, New York. The public reviews, which attracted about 500 visitor, were focused on presenting to the general public the plans for the upgrading of the bridge which has already become a...
- Virginia Rejects Union Labor Deal for Wilson Bridge Project. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p4
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's decision to guarantee a role for trade unions in the construction of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Possible cost overruns; Stipulation of the payment of union wages and benefits.
- Beltway span is bolstered. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/04/98, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the efforts of Corman Construction to maintain the structure of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Washington, D.C. Description of the structure of the bridge; Comments by Steve Gracey, project inspector for the Virginia Department of Transportation; Phases of the reconstruction of the bridge.