- THE MAGIC WORD... Nicola, Gloria // 20/20;Sep2013, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p24
An introduction to the periodical is presented in which the editor discusses the topics in the journal including selling tips and the hottest trends in a wide range of product categories, spectacle lens products and the varieties of colors in the optical industry.
- EXPERT ADVICE. Brey, Curt; Cross, Kevin; Swalgen, Steve // LabTalk;May/Jun2013, Vol. 41, p28
The article shares expert advice for optical laboratory owners and managers. It advises to remember to check the cure ring when ultraviolet (UV) coating lenses. It cites the importance of operator training to a successful equipment setup. It says that laboratory which adopts high-tech tabletop...
- BUSHNELL ELITE 3200 3X-9X x 40. // Field & Stream;Aug2005, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p86
The article focuses on the Bushnell Elite 3200 3X-9X x 40 riflescope which has a fast-focus ocular lens and a Rainguard lens coating. The click adjustments are okay but not as good as those on more expensive scopes.
- What you need to know about Lens coatings. Sosensky, Steve // Birder's World;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p22
The article provides information on lens coatings for binoculars. According to the author, all 42-mm objective lenses have the same light-gathering capacity. The difference in brightness between binoculars is their ability to get the light from the objective back to your eyes. There are several...
- obÂ·jecÂ·tive. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p243
A definition of the term "objective" is presented. The term refers to the lens or group of lenses that first receives light from the object in an optical instrument such as a telescope.
- Optical Coatings Improve Performance. Keller, Ernst // R&D Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p51
Presents information on antireflection (AR) coatings for optical systems. History of AR coatings; Advances in AR technology and their limitations; How AR coatings work.
- What You Need To Know Aboutâ€¦Polishing EDGES. Gagain, Russell A. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2G, p38
The article focuses on polishing the edges of optical lenses. Among the factors that affect the edge appearance of a lens include the lens materials, types of bevels and equipment manufacturers. The author proposes a polished lens standard that incorporates a common G Edge Scoring System and...
- Straight Talk About Digital Surfacing or Whatever We Are Going to Call It. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p16
The author comments on the impact of digitally surfaced optical lenses on the eyeglass wearers. The author relates the claims regarding the advantages of surfaced lenses over traditional lenses. The author reveals that she did not see the alleged advantages of surfaced lenses after wearing eight...
- Changes Made to ANSI Standard for Safety Eyewear. // Occupational Hazards;Jul2003, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the 2003 standard 'Practice for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices' approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on June 20. Effectivity date of the standard; Changes to the impact-resistance requirements for non-plano lenses; Two...