Is It Time to Take The Leap?
- Processing Trivex. Cross, Keith // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 36 Issue 161, p18
In this article, the author discusses the difficulty in processing Trivex lens materials. According to the author, laboratory managers often had to guess as to which process setting they used based on the specific type of equipment they had. He offers some strategies for blocking, generating,...
- Dynamics of Digitally Surfaced Lenses. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2G, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to digitally surfaced lenses, including how optical laboratories will know when to invest in equipment for creating such lenses and how the optical industry is accepting digitally surfaced lens technology.
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 44 Issue 02E, p26
The article previews several laboratory products including Vision Ease's SunRx polycarbonate SFSV 75mm blue lenses, LTI Coating Technologies LLC's CrystalSpin UV-Cure Coater semi-automatic hard coating machine, and Western Optical's #8000 Series MicroTools.
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;May/Jun2013, Vol. 41, p30
The article previews products from the optical lab industry, including a customized progressive lens series from Carl Zeiss Vision, the Alta Zd edger from Briot, and the Crizal Kids UV lenses from Essilor.
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Mar2007, Vol. 35 Issue 155, p26
The article evaluates several optical laboratory equipment and supplies including the Wrap Solutions Polarized lenses from KBco, the Compact ULTRA lens from Carl Zeiss Vision and the Notched Slip-Stop Guards from Venture Tape.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUTâ€¦. Shepard, Barry // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 23F, p48
The article offers tips for buying optical laboratory equipment. It notes that buying the newest products is not always been a good option. It suggests to assess laboratory's needs in order to decide whether new, used, refurbished or rebuild equipment is the best choice. It also recommends to...
- Cuvette. // Spectroscopy;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p42
The article evaluates the TrayCell cuvette from Hellma and offers information on its features and capabilities.
- Bright ideas for Avoiding Consumable Mistakes. Bos, Julie // LabTalk;Oct2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p6
The article features expert advice on how optical manufacturers can increase laboratory quality and avoid mistakes in creating a lens, especially in the area of consumables. It discusses common mistakes in surfacing, lens blocking, generating the lens, refining, polishing, clean-up, finishing,...
- Last Resort Lab - the cure for indigestion. Martinez, Liz // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 154, p18
This article presents an interview with Jesse Arndt, sales and marketing manager at Epic Labs in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, about his organization's operations. Epic Labs use older equipment compared to other advanced machines used by other laboratories. A large percentage of the laboratory's work...