Mobile Market Shows Pulse
- Cellular Handset IC Market Set to Recover. // Electronic News;3/3/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Predicts the growth of the market for cellular handset integrated circuits (IC), according to the Allied Business Intelligence. Compound average growth rate per year; Biggest growth opportunity for IC suppliers.
- Mobile Phone Market in Midst of Boom. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;9/25/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 39, p29
The article reports on the growth of the mobile phone market around the world. Although the computer market is still by far the leading consumer of integrated circuits (IC) and is forecast to represent 47 percent of the 2006 IC market, the electronic system type driving most of the IC market...
- It's not 3G driving the growth in mobiles. // Electronics Weekly;7/21/2010, Issue 2435, p10
In this article, the author compares the performance of 2.5G and 3G baseband chip suppliers in the mobile phone industry.
- IC Delivers GSM/GPS/Bluetooth Performance Without Interference. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;04/30/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the creation of a radio frequency chip that will be used in future-generation cell phones. Global positioning system capability; Bluetooth for peripheral connectivity.
- Intel poised to meet flash memory chip shortfall. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p32
Focuses on the plan by chip maker Intel Corp. to help ease the global shortage of flash memory chips used in mobile telephones.
- A Processor for Apps. // Technology Review;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p86
The article offers information on a chip design proposed by researchers at the University of California, San Diego, that is specialized for android mobile devices.
- Component sector expected to double by 2006. // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
Predicts the long-term growth of the wireless handset integrated circuit (IC) market. Information on the report released by Allied Business Intelligence Inc.; Factors that will drive the growth in the IC sector.
- Agere Cuts Q2 Forecast. // Electronic News;3/22/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 12, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Agere Systems to cut its forecast for its 2004 fiscal second quarter due to lower than expected shipments of third generation chipsets for mobile phones. Expected revenue for the quarter; Growth of its infrastructure system; Operating margins of the company as of...
- Mobile TV Chips Hit Milestone Price Point. // Electronic News;6/26/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p10
The article focuses on the forecasts of ABI Research for mobile phone television chipsets. The company has reported that several semiconductor manufacturers claim to have designed mobile phone television chipsets for a price of $10. Price is not the only determining factor in the success or...