Globaltel Links PCs and Phones Via SMS
- Can Apple's Patent Lawyers Stop Me Before I Text (or Sext) Again? Haltom, Bill // Tennessee Bar Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the legal actions that can be done to stop the appropriate use of communication in the U.S. It states that more than 3.5 million text messages are being sent by more than 270 million Americans with wireless communication devices wherein some contains inappropriate for...
- TELECOM? THAT'S AN EASY CALL. Malykhina, Elena // Brandweek;6/16/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 24, pS047
The article discusses the state of the U.S. telecommunications industry in 2008. Intense competition between cell phone companies is described. An industry statistic, average revenue per user, is detailed. Topics include the amount of money telecommunication companies will spend on advertising,...
- Store & retrieve files from anywhere. ORANTIA, JENNETH // Techlife Australia (Bauer Media Group);Oct2013, Issue 16, p66
The article evaluates several application software including Google Drive, Dropbox and SkyDrive.
- Mobiles in Libraries. Greenall, Rurik Thomas // Online;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses the information services that can be provided by various mobile electronic devices. It is reported that libraries are already using the short messaging service (SMS) being offered by these devices to distribute loan and catalog information. Libraries also created various...
- Track Your Expenses While on the Go, With TextHog. Strohmeyer, Robert // PC World;Jun2009, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p32
The article offers information on TextHog, a free Web application intended to simplify tracking and analyzing business expenses while one is in transit. The Web application is different from most smartphone applications that track and report expenses as it does not reside in one's phone. Its...
- Three desktop tools for ultra-private encrypted chats. PAUL, IAN // PC World;Dec2015, p40
The article evaluates several application softwares for sharing files, messaging and web browsing such as the Cryptocat open source web and mobile app, the Messenger chat app, and the BitTorrent messaging app.
- Asia to see continued mobile advances in 2003. Mallari, Rene // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the mobile communications sector in Asia as of 2003. Estimated revenue output of the Philippines from short messaging services; Countries expected to adopt multimedia messaging services in 2003; Mobile penetration rate in Malaysia.
- Txt maniacs. // Wireless Asia;5/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Discloses the findings of a Siemens mobile lifestyle survey on Australian teenagers' use of text messages.
- SMS: An Unlikely Hit. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p16
Reports the profit margin of global mobile service providers. Increase in business applications for mobile messaging; Enhancement of message services; Emphasis on point-to-point communication.