Silver Spring Closing $300M Utility Deals
- Feeding Power-hungry Carriers. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p42
Deals with the activities of the power supply market within the wireless industry. Demands of wireless operators on power equipment vendors; List of mergers and acquisition deals in the power industry; Steps taken by power firms towards the global market; Trends towards outsourcing of power...
- New Braunfels Utilities Selects Multi-Application Network for Smart Grid. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;9/23/2015, p9
The article discusses the issue of selection of Silver Spring Networks to deploy its multi application access for Dynamic Metering Infrastructure program helping New Braunfels Utilities for cost control, outage response & delivery of expanded energy & water services to its customers.
- Silver Spring Networks Unveils SilverLink Cloud Services. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;8/8/2012, p7
The article features the SilverLink cloud services from Silver Spring Networks, the firsts insight-as-a-service solution for the energy industry.
- Smart meters could use US 'mesh'. // Utility Week;6/19/2009, p33
The article reports that the wireless mesh communications system being adopted by U.S. utilities could be used for the smart metering central communications infrastructure in Great Britain. The system could also solve the problem of controlling electricity distribution networks when BT switches...
- Silver Spring Networks Opens Chicago Office, Showcases Vision for Smart Cities Alongside ComEd. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/12/2014, p10
This article reports that in May 2014, Scott Lang, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of smart grid products provider Silver Spring Networks, Inc. and Anne Pramaggiore, CEO of electric utility ComEd, opened Silver Spring's Chicago office at Willis Tower. Topics discussed include the reason Silver...
- world BRIEFS. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p37
Reports global developments in the wireless communications industry as of July 2000. Includes the agreement between Brightpoint France SARL and Motorola S.A. France; Deal between Nokia and Blu to provide Wireless Application Protocol and General Packet Radio Service network technologies;...
- Silver Spring Networks Unveils Global Partner Program. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/28/2012, p2
The article offers brief information on Silver Spring Networks integration and interoperability toolkits including the Home Area Network (HAN) Test Kit for Demand-Side Management (DSM) Partners, the Distribution Automation (DA) Test Kit for DA Partners, and Software Development Kits.
- CPS Energy Partners To Grow Smart Grid Network. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;3/28/2013, p5
The article reports on the developments in the electric utility industry in the U.S. It focuses on the partnership between gas and electric combined municipal utility CPS Energy and Silver Spring Networks to support the smart grid development in San Antonio, Texas. The partnership also supports...
- Oklahoma Gas and Electric Selects Demand-Response Solution for Deployment Across Service Territory. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2012, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p35
The article focuses on Oklahoma Gas and Electric Co.'s (OGE) selection of an end-to-end demand-response (DR) solution to expand its pioneering, smart grid-based peak-reduction programs to all customers in its service territory. OGE's decision to expand its DR program to the customers is the...