- What I've Learned Writing 'Gadget Freak' Tynan, Dan // PCWorld;Dec2008, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p20
The article evaluates several gadgets, including the Apple iPod, iPhone and Nintendo Wii.
- Nintendo Wii trumps Xbox 360 in sales. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;8/27/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 35, p34
The article reports that Nintendo has regained its former glory as lifetime sales of the company's Wii home gaming system have passed Microsoft's Xbox 360 on a worldwide basis as of August 23, 2007, according to videogame sell-through tracking firm VG Chartz. The Nintendo DS handheld gaming...
- PS3 Upping Its Game. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that as many as 380 new PlayStation 3 (PS3) games, in stores and online, will be available to gamers by the end of 2007. The game console's manufacturer Sony Corp. announced the plan because of the tough competition with other game consoles. According to market research firm...
- X-Lacks. Gibson, Jon M. // Sound & Vision;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p88
Reviews the video game X-Men: The Official Game, published by Activision for the Xbox 360, PS2 and Game Cube consoles.
- The History of Video Game Consoles: Part One. Aamoth, Doug // Time.com;12/20/2013, p1
The article presents a video showing the evolution of video game consoles, including the Nintendo, PlayStation, and Wii video game consoles.
- Dynamics of Pricing in the Video Game Console Market: Skimming or Penetration? Liu, Hongju // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Jun2010, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p428
Nintendo lost its dominant position in the video game industry during the console war between its Nintendo 64 and Sony's PlayStation. However, Nintendo could have made several different strategic decisions to change the outcome. This article develops a structural model and investigates these...
- PS3 Launch Moved to Fall. Gaudiosi, John // Home Media Retailing;3/19/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the decision of Sony to launch its PlayStation 3 videogame console in November 2006. Reason for the decision of Sony; Plan of Sony for the online availability of PlayStation 3; Expected retail price of the console.
- Sony Launching PlayStation TV Oct. 14. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/29/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p1
The article features the October 2014 launching of the streaming device PlayStation TV (PS TV) in North America. Topics covered include a PS TV bundled package featuring an 8-gigabyte (GB) memory card, wireless controller for DualShock 3 and video game "The Lego Movie." Also mentioned are...
- Buying Frenzy Greets PS3, Wii Launches. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/20/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the latest video game consoles launched by Sony and Nintendo in U.S. retail stores in November 2006. The companies launched their game consoles in different retail stores with limited supplies. Consumers lined up at stores several days before the official launch of Sony's...