Grand Canyon Staggers in Debut
- A Pocket Of IPO Activity. Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 44, p6
The article reports on the initial public offering (IPO) of Grand Canyon Education in the U.S. It states that the online college education provider is set to price 10.5 million shares of common stock at between $16 and $18 each, and received approval to trade in Nasdaq under the "LOPE" symbol....
- Get Smart. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/24/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 45, p2
The author comments on the decision of stockholders of Grand Canyon Education Inc. to launch an initial public offering (IPO) in 2008 in the U.S. He points out that the stock's current price is $12 compared to the expected $18-20 by the company. He admits that he considers the IPO as a notable...
- Grand Canyon Trims IPO Price. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;11/19/2008, p6
The article reports that the price range of Grand Canyon Education's initial public offering (IPO) has been cut to $12-$14 per share. This reduced the deal size from about $178.5 million to $136.5 million. The 10.5 million-share deal was underwritten by bankers led by Credit Suisse and Merrill...
- Grand Canyon Faces IPO Valley. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;11/17/2008, p5
The article focuses on the status of the planned initial public offering (IPO) of Grand Canyon Education, an online nondenominational Christian college. Global Canyon plans to use the IPO to pay a special distribution of 75 percent of gross proceeds to stockholders. However, the author claims...
- Schools Grapple With Change. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/1/2014, pA01
9 For-profit private colleges have taken a hit in recent years as student enrollment has declined, federal scrutiny has increased, and other universities have developed stronger online programs. That's led
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/2/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p23
Several charts are presented that depict the aftermarket performance of initial public offerings (IPOs) in the U.S. from 2008 to 2009, including Grand Canyon Education Inc., CardioNet Inc. and Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- IN BRIEF. // Crain's New York Business;11/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p2
The article offers news briefs related to New York City. Grand Canyon Education Inc. has raised $100 million through an initial public offering. The Independent College Fund, that raised scholarship funds for small liberal arts universities, closed in November 2008 due to the ongoing financial...
- WHEN THE TOPLINE SHIFTS. Robertson, Sandy // Siliconindia;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the initial public offering market in the United States. Role of the market as a filter; Preference of companies to stay private; Significance of stock prices. INSET: Sandy Robertson..
- Aftermarket performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/12/98, Vol. 64 Issue 41, p35
Presents statistics of aftermarket stock prices of initial public offerings or the week of October 12, 1998. Issuers' names; Offer prices; Rankings of market performance.