Grand Canyon Trims IPO Price
- Sizzling in the Spring. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Traders Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p48
Discusses the status of the initial public offerings market in the United States in 2001. Improvement in opening prices; Stock price of Kraft Foods Inc.; Earnings raised by Credit Suisse; Financial status of Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Qinetiq appoints flotation experts. // Electronics Weekly;8/31/2005, Issue 2207, p3
The article reports that technology research and development company Qinetiq PLC has appointed three finance firms CSFB, JP Morgan, and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. to advise on its flotation. When the government of Great Britain sold a 34 per cent stake in the company, formerly the state-owned...
- Merrill Jumps Up In Slim Equity Field. O'Connor, Collen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on the financial performance of Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. for the first quarter of the year 2005 in the U.S. Analysis on the revenue growth of the firm; Prices of the stocks; Amount of funds raised through initial public offerings.
- The Ugly Truth About IPOs. Schwartz, Nelson D. // Fortune;11/23/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p190
Looks at the performance of Merrill Lynch in the initial public offering (IPO) market in the 1990s. Why Merrill Lynch's performance exemplifies the market; Percentage of companies that have gone public and are trading below their offering price; The general poor performance of IPOs backed by...
- Grand Canyon Staggers in Debut. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;11/20/2008, p4
The article reports that the shares of Grand Canyon Education declined $0.23, or 2 percent, to $11.77 on November 13, 2008 after the online college staged the first U.S. initial public offering since August. Grand Canyon twice cut its price range in order to complete the 10.5 million share deal,...
- Get Smart. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/24/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 45, p2
The author comments on the decision of stockholders of Grand Canyon Education Inc. to launch an initial public offering (IPO) in 2008 in the U.S. He points out that the stock's current price is $12 compared to the expected $18-20 by the company. He admits that he considers the IPO as a notable...
- Global reach, once a plus, now hurting Merrill Lynch. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;2/1/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p24
Focuses on the market performance of the stock of United States-based Merrill Lynch & Co. Share price as of January 29, 1999; Debate on the company's earnings sustainability; Impact of market volatility overseas.
- Credit Suisse Hires Former Merrill Exec. // American Banker;12/20/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 243, p2
Reports the hiring of Jeffrey Peek, formerly of Merrill Lynch & Co. by Credit Suisse Group to run its money management business. Peek's career background.
- MAP seeks to raise $69M in IPO; Helixis adds partner to 'A' round. // Medical Device Daily;10/8/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 192, p4
The article reports on the initial public offering of MAP Pharmaceuticals. It has priced 5 million shares of common stock at a price of $12 per share. Morgan Stanley & Co. and Merrill Lynch & Co. are joint book-running managers for the offering, and Deutsche Bank Securities is co-lead manager...