Recession To Stall Nokia's U.S. Invasion
- Handset Vendors Vie For Market Share. // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p24
Presents information on the worldwide cellular telephone terminal market share for the third quarter of 2003. Decline in the market share of Nokia; Percentage increase in the sales of cellular phones.
- ABI: 2Q handset sales up 12%. // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the sales of wireless handsets worldwide during the second quarter of 2003. Percentage increase in sales; Factors that influence the growth; Market share of Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc.
- Nokia: sales slump caused by inadequate product range. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the tightening competition faced by Nokia Corp. in the mobile telephone industry. Nokia's loss of market share during the first quarter of 2004 due to the strengthening of its competitors; Projected sales of the company for the period; Factors influencing the status of competition in...
- Nokia plans to increase 'disruptive' marketing to counter big spending rivals. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);2/26/2014, p6
The article focuses on the plan of Nokia to increase its use of disruptive marketing tactics to boost its market share in the mobile devices market, announced by Conor Pierce, vice president for Great Britain and Ireland, at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014. Pierce said the company will...
- Color Lights Up New Handset Models. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on issues concerning the cellular telephone handset industry. Features handset manufacturers are counting on to drive their 2002 sales; Market shares of handset companies for 2001; Information on the growth of the handset market in 2002; Handset makers that lead the competition. INSET:...
- Mixed fortunes. Els, Frik // Finance Week;12/9/2002, p47
Reports on the stiff global competition in the cellphone handset market. Increase in the number of worldwide mobile phone users of Nokia; Growth in the worldwide sales of Dataquest Inc.; Release of stripped-down, white box handsets by Japan manufacturers.
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p48
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of September 2, 2002. Contracts for multimedia messaging equipment received separately by Ericsson and Nokia; Acquisition of the stake of Vivendi in the Vizzavi Group by Vodafone Group; Wireless Internet service launched by CyberSTOP.
- 3GSM: NOKIA AIMS TO BRING SMARTPHONE TO THE MASSES. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;2/14/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the plan of Nokia Corp. to scale down its Series 60 platform to target mass-market handsets. Attempt of the company to make the smart phone a ubiquitous device instead of just an upscale gadget for high-end users; Claim of Symbian OS v9 and Series 60 v3 to take advantage of new...
- Nokia aims wide for multimedia niche. Chotrani, Ray // Wireless Asia;Sep2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on the objectives of Nokia Corp. to move away from its traditional mass-market focus and create niche markets in the growing mobile multimedia market in Asia. Competition in the mobile video telephony market; Market test of mobile television and radio services by the company; Expansion...