AzurePower Lands First Round Funding
- Helion Venture plans $8-mn in Housing.com. // FRPT- Infrastructure Snapshot;4/ 6/2014, p12
The article focuses on the move of Housing.com, the Mumbai, India-based technology startup, to invest $8 million into India-focused venture fund Helion Venture Partners LLC. It highlights the move of investor Nexus Venture Partners to consider participating in the latest investment round. An...
- Sequoia Juices Up eMeter With $32M. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;7/22/2009, p2
The article reports on the $32 million funding raised by smart-grid startup eMeter led by Sequoia Capital with the participation from returning investor Foundation Capital. The advantages of smart grids include the ability to remotely deliver electricity from suppliers to consumers using digital...
- Buying and starting a business is easier when you get creative financing, and the available... Cawley, Rusty // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/18/98, Vol. 27 Issue 47, Focus p3
Examines the available financing options for startup businesses in Utah. Owner financing; Factoring; Capital access programs; Purchase-order financing; Credit-card companies; Customer financing. INSET: Combination of events is good news... by Jon Schumann Jr..
- A capital idea. Redder, Tom // Colorado Business Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p51
Provides steps on finding start-up capital for a new business. Sources of funding; Loans; Loan requests; Components of a business plan.
- The tax wise way to start a new business--for your kids and you. Blackman, Irving L. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr95, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p34
Offers legal advice on how parents could help their children fund a new business. Tax code provisions on deduction claims for a loss on stocks in a small business corporation; Beneficial tax treatment under Section 1244.
- Before asking for start-up cash, research, research, research. Lennox, Carol // Business Press;2/2/96, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p16
Focuses on the financing start-up businesses. Reasons for the failures of start-up businesses; Importance of research; Prevention of undercapitalization; Services offered by the Small Business Development Center to start-up businesses.
- When the bank says no. Bay, Suzanne // BusinessWest;Jun96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
Reports on non-traditional financing that provides many entrepreneurs in their start. Quasi-public loan programs; Equipment-leasing arrangements; Factoring; Venture capitalists.
- Experts note money sources. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/18/95, Vol. 13 Issue 38, Small Business Guide p6
Discusses sources of financing for start-up businesses. Sources of information on financing are financial experts, attorneys, bankers and accountants; Private resources; Government loans; Lines of credit; Equipment financing; Senior debt financing; Mezzanine financing; Initial public offerings;...
- The best ways to tap family money to start a business. Belsky, Gary // Money;Oct96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p162
Offers advice on how to use family money, either one's own or that of relatives, to start a business. Joanna and Cory Morrissey, who used family money to start Java Joe's coffee shop in Portland, Maine; Guidelines for one's own money, including need to spend nonretirement savings first;...