Useful Networks: Can You Sniff Me Now?
- Asia to see continued mobile advances in 2003. Mallari, Rene // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the mobile communications sector in Asia as of 2003. Estimated revenue output of the Philippines from short messaging services; Countries expected to adopt multimedia messaging services in 2003; Mobile penetration rate in Malaysia.
- Txt maniacs. // Wireless Asia;5/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Discloses the findings of a Siemens mobile lifestyle survey on Australian teenagers' use of text messages.
- SMS: An Unlikely Hit. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p16
Reports the profit margin of global mobile service providers. Increase in business applications for mobile messaging; Enhancement of message services; Emphasis on point-to-point communication.
- What's up with mobile and ad revenue? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/14/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p7
The article discusses the issue with regards to areas associated with mobile communication including games, coupons, marketing, advertising, applications, and text messages.
- SMS-o-death calls even your old phone. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Mar/Apr2011, p11
The article discusses the discovery of German researchers of the effect of "short message service (SMS) of death" attacks on mobile handsets.
- 'Protest' a no-no word in China. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p25
The article reports that the services for cellphone users who used the word "protest" in any context in phone conversations or text messages will be cut off instantly in China.
- Visionaries Build Mobile Entertainment Networks. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
Part II. Discusses the use of mobile communications to market entertainment. Examples of text messaging marketing campaigns and mobile games to promote films; Efforts to provide free ring tone versions of songs.
- TEXT-TO-SCREEN EMERGES: A CONCEPTUAL APPROACH TO A POWERFUL INTERACTIVE MARKETING TOOL. Dolian, Brad // International Journal of Mobile Marketing;Jun2008, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p81
Text-to-screen is a unique form of mobile marketing that encourages active participation and personal freedom of expression at specific times and places. SMS messages are created and sent in the same manner they would be to a friend or family member, but instead of appearing on that individual's...
- DRIVING MOBILE TELEVISION. Henry, Anna // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
The article assesses the current and future condition of mobile television (TV) in the rural markets of U.S. It is predicted that the number of mobile users who subscribes to mobile TV will continue to increase just like what happened to the short messaging service (SMS) of mobile companies....