Babcock & Brown Unloads Wind Energy
- ENERGY INC. // Wyoming Business Report;Nov2013, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p26
This section offers news briefs in the energy industry in Wyoming as of November 2013. The acquisition of a 50% interest in eight gross producing oil wells in the Bighorn basin for 1.85 million dollars was completed by Canadian firm Amarok Energy. TransAlta Renewables Inc. plans to acquire asset...
- Offshore transmission: the licensing regime explained. Phillips, James // Modern Power Systems;May2013, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p60
The article focuses on the regulatory regime underpinning the relation between the offshore wind assets and the onshore electricity network of Great Britain, and its implications to the public and the industry. It presents the background to the regime and its key principles. Moreover , the key...
- NORTH DAKOTA. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Jan2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on higher yields of soybean crop and an increase in harvested acres in North Dakota and the agreement of the Tennessee Valley Authority to purchase 200 megawatts of power annually from a wind farm in Ashley, North Dakota.
- Moribund wind market stirs. // Power;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the plan for the construction of a wind powerplant near Algona, Iowa, by seven midwestern municipal utilities. Expected date for commercial power generation; Inclusions in the turbine design; Name of the turbine supplier.
- Windfarm puts expansion on ice. // European Power News;Oct2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p4
Reports on problems concerning the planned expansion of the Smola wind park in Norway. Development of the park by Statkraft; Amount of power to be generated by the park annually; Uncertainty over whether the second building stage at Smola can be realized; Factors contributing to the...
- High wind:. // Utility Week;9/10/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p5
The article reports in the completion of a windfarm search and rescue drill at Rhyl Flats and North Hoyle in Great Britain.
- Feds Green Light Wind Farm Off Cape Cod. Remmers, Jerry // Moderate Voice;4/29/2010, p4
A blog from journalist Jerry Remmers related to the first off-shore wind farm of the U.S. is presented.
- Wind project may bring opportunities to landowners. Hicks, Mary Jon // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the opportunities from a wind project to landowners of Collingsworth County in Texas.
- Wind towers closer to community than you think. TARDIF, RICHARD // Eastern Door;7/29/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p11
The article reports on the multi-million large turbine wind farm project which is anticipated to supply the Hydro Quebec power network for an approximated 20 years and lift out 101.2 megawatts of power yearly in Montreal, Quebec in 2011.