Sun to Lay Off Up to 18% of Workers
- eWEEK.COM. // eWeek;7/10/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p5
The article offers information on the contents of the Web site eWeek.com. Sun Microsystems has conducted reorganization, which include up to handle up to 5,000 layoffs but assures customers that any restructuring will not affect its innovation goals. IT workers in the U.S. feel more secure on...
- Abbott eyes 1,000 job cuts in diag units over next 4 years. // Diagnostics & Imaging Week;8/28/2008, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the plan of Abbott Laboratories to cut 1,000 in its medical testing business. The job cuts are part of the company's efforts to reduce the spending of the business. Abbott will also transfer its manufacturing operations to Europe to save $150 million before taxes. The...
- Sun's software shuttle. // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p7
Announces Sun Microsystems Computer Corp.'s reorganization of its software business into a new Software Products and Platform Division under Java Software President Alan Baratz.
- Sun must cure its corporate schizophrenia. Ward-Dutton, Neil // Computer Weekly;9/5/2002, p12
Reports the restructuring of Sun company. Expansion of the product lines of the company; Improvement of the management system of the firm; Plans of the company to deliver value-added software solution to the customers.
- Sun revamps for `new era of growth'. // Electronic News;04/27/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2216, p12
Discusses the reorganization at Sun Microsystems with the elimination of individual operating companies. Executive changes; Objective of reorganization.
- McNealy's new priorities. Galli, Peter // eWeek;5/6/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p9
Reports the reorganization of Sun Microsystems Inc. in Palo Alto, California. Selection of Scott McNealy to the position of chief executive officer and chairman; Focus on high-end hardware products; Resignation of president Ed Zander.
- SUN SEES LIGHT AFTER LAYOFFS, EARNINGS NEWS. Frauenheim, Ed // Workforce Management;7/31/2006, Vol. 85 Issue 14, p16
The article reports on the decision of computer maker Sun Microsystems to cut its workforce and announce new products. Sun spokeswoman Stephanie Hess counters that the firm's investment in research and development in recent years has helped with its current product set. The company reported net...
- Cut Pay or Cut Back? Zingheim, Patricia; Schuster, Jay R. // Executive Excellence;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
Provides guidelines for companies at the point of choosing between layoffs or pay cuts. Options for cost reduction; Staffing strategy; Practical evaluation tool; Demonstration of care during growth and downsizing; Development of an action plan that accounts for realities.
- Cost Reductions, Downsizing-related Layoffs, and HR Practices. Gandolfi, Franco // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer2008, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p52
No abstract available.