Hell Week for Telecom
- BT poised to axe 800. Day, Julia // Marketing Week;3/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the plan of British Telecommunications PLC to dismiss 800 employees. Restructuring plan of the company; Decline of the financial performance of the company.
- BT doubles job cuts to 30,000. // Computer Weekly;5/19/2009, p6
The article reports that BT Group PLC (BT) has announced plans to cut 15,000 more jobs after reporting massive losses for its latest financial year. It is restructuring its Global Services business, which reportedly had a disastrous year. The company reported a Â£134m loss for the year,...
- BT ditches target as growth slows. // Utility Week;11/15/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the failure of telecommunication firm BT to meet its annual growth target. Revenue gain in the second-quarter of 2002; Profit before tax of the company.
- Fire blazes through BT's single point of failure. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;4/6/2004, p6
Brtish Telecommunications PLC (BT) faced some tough questions after a fire in a cabling tunnel designed in the 1950s to withstand the impact of a nuclear bomb cut off telecommunications links to more than 130,000 businesses and consumers. The fire, discovered in the early hours of Tuesday...
- Marconi predicts flat year following job cuts. Mayhew-Smith, Alex // Electronics Weekly;5/25/2005, Issue 2195, p18
This article reports that Marconi Corp. PLC has forecast a flat year ahead after reporting its results last week, which saw sales creep up 4 per cent and an operating loss of 95m pounds. Restructuring at the firm will see 800 jobs go following the failure of the firm to secure a contract from BT...
- US$170 bn 'wasted' this year, says Azure. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p8
The article states that according to Azure Ltd., a revenue assurance provider spun out from British Telecom PLC, telephone operators around the world lost around U.S.$170 bn. Azure's judgment came from the results of a survey produced by the firm, Analysys, commissioned by Azure, based on...
- Redundancies will be last resort for BT cuts. // Personnel Today;4/2/2002, p2
Reports the reduction of call center job by BT company in Great Britain. Relocation of staff by the company; Closure of call centers; Inquiries on the ability of the company to offer job opportunities in the sites.
- BT sacks 200 staff for looking at online porn. Cushing, Karl // Computer Weekly;6/24/2003, p8
British Telecom (BT) PLC has dismissed 200 staff for looking at pornographic works on their work PCs in the past 18 months. Ten employees have also been reported to the police and at least one has received a prison sentence. A BT spokesman said the company had twice sent staff e-mails warning...
- Waiting for 4G. Salazar, Gary E. // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p3
The article focuses on the challenges faced by the telecommunication industry in combating the economic downturn in the U.S. Nortel Networks Corp. changed its marketing strategy for 2009 to recover from net loss. Nadine Manjaro, ABI Research senior analyst, cites the current economic climate as...