Barack Obama's Choice for CTO?
- TechSpin: A White House Tech Czar? Dreyfuss, Joel // Red Herring;11/17/2008, p9
The author reflects on the results of an online poll concerning the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. The poll dealt with different issues including the top priorities for the U.S. Chief Technology Officer (CTO), and the repeal of the Patriot Act and the Digital Millennium Copyright...
- Looking Forward. Paultre, Alix // ECN: Electronic Component News;Feb2009, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p11
The author reflects on the initiative of President Barack Obama to appoint a chief technical officer (CTO) for the U.S. He discusses the positive impact of Obama's knowledge and use of the Internet on science and technology policies, direction and effort of the American people. He also relates...
- If Obama Appoints a Tech Czarâ€¦. // Washingtonian Magazine;Jul2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the proposed Cabinet-level chief technology officer (CTO) by Presidential candidate Barack Obama in the U.S. It states that the purpose of the CTO is to coordinate government's technical infrastructure and to work and supervise on national projects such as emergency...
- Digital marketing teams told to drop the jargon. Shields, Ronan // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/30/2013, p3
The article reports on a statement by Harper Reed, chief technical officer (CTO) of U.S. President Barack Obama's reelection campaign, that esoteric language can alienate teams within an organization. Reed, speaking at the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Technology Summit, said the e from...
- First blackberry president. Levatter, Ross // Liberty (08941408);Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p17
In this article, the author discusses the prospects of the technology business under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. He shares an interview conducted by Maria Bartiromo with Hewlett-Packard's chief technology officer (CTO) at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. He...
- White House Releases Strategy to Protect Identities in Cyberspace. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/27/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p8
This article reports on the release of the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama in April 2011.
- President Proposes Huge Increase to FY2011 Federal Education Budget. // NSTA Express;2/1/2010, p1
The article offers information on the budget released for federal programs in financial year 2011 by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Advocates hope Obama shifts from private Medicare plans. Young, Jeffrey // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p10
The article reports on the hope of several advocates and activists for President-elect Barack Obama's prioritization of the medical program in the U.S.
- Shifting Cabinet. // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p14
The author ponders on the early Cabinet appointments rendered by President-elect Barack Obama in the U.S.