Hedge Funds Under the Gun
- Hedge Execs Advocate Credit Default Exchanges. // Money Management Executive;11/17/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the favor given by hedge fund executives of creating public exchange or clearinghouse for credit default swaps (CDS) to make the U.S. market more transparent. The executives testified before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on the role of hedge...
- The International Financial Crisis. Soros, George // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p58
Presents an interview with world's best known hedge-fund manager George Soros. He has bet aggressively against the world's leading central banks and made billions of dollars in the process. But he is also a leading critic of the very financial markets in which he operates and he discusses what...
- The Imperfect World of George Soros. FREELAND, CHRYSTIA // Foreign Policy;Dec2012, Issue 197, p61
The article presents information on the career of George Soros, a philanthropist and billionaire hedge fund manager, with a focus on his intellectual and economic theories. Topics include his views on the global financial crisis of 2008 and the Sovereign Debt Crisis in Europe which began in...
- OVERSIGHT AND GOVERNMENT REFORM COMMITTEE GOP ANNOUNCE KEY STAFF. // Hill;1/21/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p43
The article announces the Republican new staff of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee in the U.S., including Lawrence Bradly as staff director, John Cuaderes as deputy staff, and Jennifer Safavian as chief counsel for oversight and investigation.
- 'Right place at the right time'. // Hill;1/21/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p43
The article focuses on Kurt Bardella, press secretary for the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform in the U.S.
- Correction. // American Banker;7/20/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 137, p12
A correction to the article "When a Job Becomes a Policy Lever" that was published in the July 17, 2009 issue is presented.
- Panel Probes Treasury Loan Mod Efforts. Sloan, Steven // American Banker;2/9/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 21, p4
The article reports that the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is examining the efficiency and efficacy of the Treasury Department's Home Affordable mortgage Program.
- Oversight on back burner for the Dems. Allen, Jared // Hill;2/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the topics to be discussed on the first hearing of the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on February 26, 2009 in the U.S.
- Advising Inaction. Sharma, E. Kumar // Business Today;2/5/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p147
The article focuses on the concern of investor, philanthropist and world currency expert George Soros on the impact of the 2012 Euro crisis on world prosperity.