CMEA Ventures to Raise $400M Fund
- An Early Player Refines Its Game. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;4/28/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 16, p65
Focuses on CMEA Ventures, one of the first venture capital funds to focus on chemicals. Portfolio of the company; How Thomas Baruch, founder and general partner, views the CMEA strategy; Funds and electronic fund investors of CMEA; Contributions of the company.
- $30M CASH RECHARGE. // Appliance Design;Dec2007, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p9
The article announces that Watertown, Massachusetts-based A123Systems has received a $30 million influx of capital from GE Energy Financial Services and CMEA Ventures. The company plans to use the funds to increase production capacity. It is working with Black & Decker Corp. to help drive its...
- Venture capital investment broke records in 1996. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 18 Issue 105, p28
Focuses on the increase in venture capital investment in the United States in 1996. Factors contributing to the investment increase; Shares in venture capital funding by states; Percentage of venture capital investment in companies per industry.
- Venture capital funding requires persistence and belief. McKinzie, B. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/28/98, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Part IV. Focuses on venture and private capital investing in Utah. John Knab's experience in getting venture financing; Importance of persistence; Fund-seeking process.
- VCs eager to fund system upgrades. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p1
Reports on venture-capital (VC) investments in wireless startup companies in the United States. Forecast on the VC investments; Impact of the shortage of frequency spectrum on companies; Overview of investments of Emory Winship; Characteristics of companies where VantagePoint would invest.
- Venturing into the unknown. Clement // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/17/99, Vol. 46 Issue 38, p35A
Discusses the growth in venture capital investing in Long Island, New York in second quarter of 1999. Comparison with the national data; Explosion of technology and Internet-related investments; Land-grab mentality across the nation's investment circles; Average size of an investment.
- VC investments way up in first half. Bosetti, Diana // Orange County Business Journal;09/01/97, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p3
Reports that venture capital investments in Orange County, California, increased 43.8 percent in the first six months of 1997, according to a survey conducted by Coopers & Lybrand. How venture capital investments performed during the same period in 1996; Statistical information from the survey;...
- LI firms attract over $70 million in VC financing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/23/98, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p33
Highlights the Price Waterhouse National Venture Capital Survey which found 1997 to be a successful year for venture capital investment in Long Island, New York. Amount invested by venture capitalists in the region; General consensus in the marketplace; Comparison with national figures;...
- Region Attracts Over $1B in Venture Funding in 2012. ALLEN, MIKE // San Diego Business Journal;1/28/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the increase of venture capital investments for companies in San Diego, California which passed to $1 billion for 2012 as compared in 2011, according to the MoneyTree Report.