Mobile Ad's MoJiva Rings Up Funding
- Publishers put their cash to work. Clark, Philip B.; Callahan, Sean // B to B;11/20/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 19, p1
Reports on business media companies' expansion of their venture capital (VC) operations as of November 20, 2000. Bertelsmann AG's launch of a private equity fund; Reed Elsevier PLC's introduction of its VC unit.
- Bertelsmann opens digital fund. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/24/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 35, p44
The article reports that Bertelsmann AG has set up a venture capital fund to invest in digital media companies. The firm plans to leverage its vast media properties over all digital platforms. The fund, called Berrelsmann Digital Media Investments, will initially have $62.5 million to spend on...
- Bertelsmann digs digital. Zeitdhik, Steven; Meza, Eb // Daily Variety;10/20/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 15, p1
The article presents a new venture made by Bertelsmann into digital investment headed by Richard Sarnoff. Venture fund Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments is to invest in sectors where digital penetration lagged, like print media and television. The article also presents that the media company...
- TEUTONS RIDE IT OUT. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;9/28/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 20, p5
Reports the decline in the profits of German media giant Bertelsmann. Percentage of decrease in gross divisional earnings; Effect of advertising slowdown on the profits of the company; Accounts on the profit status of other business areas of Bertelsmann.
- Bertelsmann Printing creates KidPrint. Frank, J.P. // Publishers Weekly;4/20/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 16, p44
Reports on the introduction by Bertelsmann Printing and Manufacturing Corp's (BPMC) KidPrint, the first US operation to produce hard- and soft-cover children's books under one roof. Service housed at BPMC's Berryville Graphics plant in Berryville,Va. Supervised by Tom Ogle; Competition with...
- Bertelsmann tries bookselling. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;7/8/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 28, p12
Reports that the Bertelsmann group will be testing a bookstore chain concept in France. Description of the stores; Retailing venture as a necessary diversification in a saturated club market.
- Bertelsmann ups new-media interest. H.R.L. // Publishers Weekly;1/20/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p269
Announces that Bertelsmann New Media, a Hamburg offshoot of Bertelsmann AG in Gutersloh, will launch Bertelsmann Interactive Studios (BIS) to facilitate joint ventures with content providers. Comments from Bernd Schiphorst, president; Plans for producing interactive programming for European...
- Bertelsmann eyes H'w'd. Hagen, Brad; Kirschbaum, Erik // Variety;7/22/96, Vol. 363 Issue 11, p29
Reports on Bertelsmann's negotiation with various Hollywood-based production companies for its digital television venture in Germany. Background on the company's business operations.
- Bertelsmann AG. Kirschbaum, Erik // Variety;8/26/96 Supplement Creators, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p42
Profiles Bertelsmann AG. Company background; Business operations; Financial performance.