Clean Tech Companies Feel Pain
- Hurricanes, Oil Costs Slam into IPO Market. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/31/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the impact of rising energy prices and hurricanes on the initial public offering market in the United States during the fourth quarter of 2005. Number of IPOs launched during the month of October; Effect of the performance of the stock market on IPOs; Performance of biotech IPOs...
- Rainy Days Leave Alberta Wet. REGULY, ERIC // Corporate Knights Magazine;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
The article compares the investment approach of oil-rich Norway with fossil fuel-rich Alberta that is suffering from a financial problem while the prices of oil are high. The royalty rates imposed by the Norweigian energy system, it says, led to a sovereign wealth fund of 664 billion dollars...
- Time to borrow. Krishnamurthy, Narayan; Choudhury, Sushmita; Rai, Rakesh // Money Today;8/6/2009, p20
The article points to India's prevailing low interest rates which offer an attractive and opportune time for prospective money borrowers and loan seekers. The rates are predicted to pump up in the coming months in lieu of the central government's direction to borrow huge amounts of money to...
- DID YOU KNOW? // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p25
Presents statistical facts on crude oil price from 2002 to 2005.
- The Leap Manifesto. // CCPA Monitor;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on how Canada deal with fossil fuel use. The drop in oil prices has temporarily relieved the pressure on fossil fuels as rapidly as high-risk technologies will allow. Shifting to an economy in balance with the earth's limits means that expanding the sectors of economy are...
- After the fall: Nat gas near bottom. CORDIER, JAMES; GROSS, MICHAEL // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2008, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the price of natural gas. High oil prices have pitched storage and liquid natural gas as the fuel of the future. Outside events such as mild U.S. summer temperatures and government investigations into hedge fund energy trading, are artificially extending the downside...
- Energy Hedge Funds Thrive Thanks to Algos. Albinus, Phil // Tradersmagazine.com;12/24/2015, p2
The article reports that hedge funds that relied on trading formulas have performed better than the discretionary funds that relied on human traders as the price of oil continued to decline in the month of December 2015.
- Beetle drive. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;11/6/2008, p26
The author comments on the performance of the financial products and stocks in the last week of October 2008 in Great Britain. He asserts that the returns of hedge funds were attractive, while the shares of oil industries were rising. He points out that the hedge funds were benefited from the...
- Sound Oil withdrew intended offer for Antrim Energy. // World Energy News;1/13/2015, p1
No abstract available.