Morgenthaler Closes $400M Fund
- Morgenthaler goes 'dot com'. Serres, Christopher // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p1
Reports on venture capitalist Robert Pavey's acquisition of a venture capital and buyout fund in Cleveland, Ohio. Pavey as a general partner at Morgenthaler; Internet-related investments of the company in 1999; Expected return of investment from MotherNature.com Inc.
- Cash infusion for the optical market. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p40
Deals with the focus of Morganthaler Ventures company in the optical components industry. Background information on the company; Details on its investments on New Focus optical components; Information on the plans of the company.
- Pitching Isn't Really an Amateur Sport. Conley, Dan // njbiz;8/29/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 35, Special Section p6
Discusses issues related to the process of raising outside equity capital to fund a new business. Complexity of venture capital; Mistake commonly made by entrepreneurs concerning capital raising; Characteristics of a true venture pitch.
- Look Out of State for Venture Capital. // njbiz;9/30/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p21
Part II. Provides information on top venture capitalists in New Jersey. Edison Venture Fund; Pequot Capital Management; Morgenthaler Ventures.
- Calithera Adds $40M for its Caspase Activators in Cancer. Boggs, Jennifer // BioWorld Today;7/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 131, p1
The article reports on the 40 million U.S. dollar financing raised by Calithera Biosciences Inc. in July 2010 for its caspase activators in cancer. It offers information on the development of the company's enzyme activation platform. Reportedly, part of the funds will be used to pursue discovery...
- LAUNCH: SILICON VALLEY 2009. Knapp, Genevieve // Fast Company;Jun2009, Issue 136, p22
The article reports that the "Launch: Silicon Valley 2009" convention will be held June 9, 2009 in Mountain View, California. Since 2006 the event has generated roughly $80 million in venture capital for aspiring start-up firms. Venture-capital firms in attendance will include Morganthaler...
- Health Care IT Funding Nearly Doubles in 2013. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;1/17/2014, p3
The article reports that the health information technology (IT) sector of the U.S. has obtained 648 million dollars in debt and public market financing in 2013. Topics covered include its total corporate funding, trend in venture capital funding and total number of accelerator and incubator...
- Vickers Venture Partners Raises $100-Mn VC Fund. // EmergingMarketsNOW;12/26/2008, p2
The article reports on the venture capital fund worth $100-million raised by Vickers Venture Partners. The fund will invest in consumer markets, particularly in the education, health care, media, and clean energy startups domains throughout China and is expected to be operational by the first...
- Where are the Deals? Teten, David; Farmer, Chris // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p40
The article discusses the practices of private equity firms in sourcing investments by providing private equity and venture capital funds. It reports that although an effective deal initiation process is very important in the success of investment, equity firms are inefficient. It also presents...