Applied Misses on Profit, Cuts Work Force
- Applied's Earnings Take a Sequential Hit. // Electronic News;2/21/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the decline in the sales and net income of Applied Materials Inc. for the first quarter of 2005. Decrease in the gross margin of the company; Regional distribution of new orders for the quarter; Average price of the common stock shares repurchased by the company.
- Applied posts strong Q2, cautious Q3 outlook. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;5/21/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 21, p27
The article reports on the financial performance of semiconductor manufacturing tool market leader Applied Materials Inc. in its fiscal second quarter (Q2) 2007. The company reported a solid fiscal Q2 with net sales of $2.53 billion. It saw Q2 net income of $411 million down slightly...
- Company Overview. // Applied Materials, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jun2006, p4
An overview of Applied Materials Inc., a global semiconductor infrastructure solutions provider, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year ended October 2005, as well as principal business offered, including designing and production of processing and manufacturing...
- Applied Posts Strong Q3. // Electronic News;8/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 34, pN.PAG
Reports on the financial performance of Applied Materials Inc. for the third quarter of 2004. Sales posted for the quarter; Increase in net income; Remarks from Applied President and CEO Mike Splinter on the financial results.
- Applied Orders Rise, as does Its Income. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the net sales posted by Applied Materials Inc. for the quarter ending February 1, 2004. Percentage increase in the net sales of the company; Net income for the quarter; Orders for the quarter posted by Applied.
- Aeffe 1st-Half Earnings Up 2 Percent. Roberts, Andrew // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/1/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 23, p12
The article reports on the first-half financial performance of Italian fashion group Aeffe SpA for the year 2008. Aeffe SpA reported a 2% gain in first-half revenues and earnings, and confirmed growth in full-year sales and profits. The company posted net profits of 6 million euros, or $9.2...
- EARNINGS ROUNDUP. // BioWorld Today;2/17/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p2
The article reports on the revenue posted by Cephalon Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2008. During the period, the company reported net income of $11.6 million, or 17 cents per share. The company had an estimated $524.5 million in cash as of December 31, 2008. Its shares fell down to $1.08,...
- MACY'S NET GAINS AS SALES SLUMP. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/27/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 43, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of department store chain Macy's Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2007. The company said earnings rose 2.3 percent to $750 million, or $1.73 a share, as sales for the quarter ended on February 2, 2008 slid 6.2 percent to $8.59 billion from $9.16...
- Netflix Snares Wall Street. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;10/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p1
The article discusses the sales, financial and stock performance of Netflix as of October 21, 2013, as it continues to beat stock market expectations amid soaring stock price and strong financials. Netflix reportedly generated over 31.8 million U.S. dollars in profit on its third quarter ending...