Nortel Braces for Breakup
- Nortel dissolves office of chief executive. // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the decision of Nortel Networks to dissolve its office of chief executive. Reason for the move.
- Nortel suffers 40% revenue drop. // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p30
Reports on the decrease in revenue of Nortel Networks for the second quarter of 2002. Net loss posted; Share price of the company.
- Sales Slump Batters Nortel. // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p14
Reports the decrease in the sales of Nortel in January 2002.
- Nortel's pain deepens. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;6/25/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 26, p12
Discusses the business problem of Nortel Networks. Estimated net loss of the company for the second quarter of 2001; Cause of the company's problem; List of companies that were acquired by Nortel; Details of the initiatives taken by the company to offset its financial problem.
- Nortel revenues down 45 percent. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p48
Reports on the net loss posted by Nortel Networks Corp. for the third quarter of 2001. Revenue drop of Nortel for the quarter; Factors attributed to Nortel's losses; Target revenue run rate of Nortel.
- Nortel Networks Q2 losses shrink. // Electronics Weekly;7/24/2002, Issue 2062, p3
Reports on the loss posted by Nortel Networks in the second quarter of 2002. Comparison between the losses incurred by the company in second-quarter 2001 and 2002; Expected profit level of Nortel in the third quarter.
- STOCK SPOTLIGHT. // Wireless Week;9/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p24
Focuses on the drop in the share value of Nortel Networks Corporation during the week before September 30, 2002. Anticipated drop in revenue; Strategies devised to restore its share prices.
- I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues. // Interactive Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p58
Provides information on the financial losses of Nortel Networks for the second quarter of year 2001.
- Nortel on the ropes. Salazar, Gary E. // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p1
The article focuses on the financial status of Nortel Networks Corp. In 2008's third quarter, the company reported losses of $3.4 billion and said it would cut thousands of jobs and say goodbye to a number of high-ranking executives. Analysts said tough times are ahead and one even suggested...