Nintendo Dominates Charts
- Waiting game: Consumers clamor for Wii. Bulik, Beth Snyder // Advertising Age;5/7/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 19, p21
This article discusses the Nintendo Wii video game system, its production shortage, and the consumer frenzy that the shortage has created. The shortage has forced retailers and consumers to get creative about securing Wii's for themselves or customers. Nintendo claims it has sold almost six...
- GameCube Price Cut Spurs Rentals. Ward, David // Video Store Magazine;11/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the increased market share of Nintendo's GameCube console in the U.S., following a reduction in the console's price as of November 16, 2003. Other game consoles with high market share in the U.S.; Increase in the sales and rentals of GameCube software; Titles for GameCube that will...
- And Nintendo sniffs an opportunityâ€¦. Oser, Kris; Bulik, Beth Snyder // Advertising Age;3/20/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p41
The article reports on the opportunity for Nintendo to gain market share as Sony Corp. delayed the release of PlayStation 3 (PS3) and Microsoft tried to deal with the shortages of its Xbox 360, as of March 2006. Nintendo offers the these attributes for its new Revolution console: simplicity and...
- Let the Battle Begin. Frederick, Jim // Time;5/23/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 21, p53
Focuses on the competition between various video game console makers. Competition between Microsoft's Xbox 360, Sony's PlayStation and Nintendo's GameCube; Report that Sony's PlayStation holds the most market share in the United States; Report that Nintendo will launch a new game console.
- NINTENDO OPENS ONLINE AVENUE FOR DEVELOPERS. Gaudiosi, John // Home Media Magazine;7/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that video game manufacturer Nintendo has opened the door for large and small game developers to create downloadable games for its best-selling Wii game console. WiiWare games will be available exclusively through digital distribution on Nintendo's Wii Shop Channel in 2008....
- NINTENDO'S CHEAP THRILL. // Fortune;12/11/2006, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p190
A review of the Wii, the video game system released by Nintendo in December 2006, is presented.
- Tony Hawk's American SK8Land. // Boys' Life;Dec2005, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p50
The article reviews the video game Tony Hawk's American SK8Land, developed by Activision for the Nintendo DualScreen video game console.
- Dragon Quest IX Tops 2 Million. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;7/8/2009, p1
The article reports that the pre-orders for the Nintendo DS video game Dragon Quest IX in Japan have already passed the 2 million mark. The video game is to be released in the country on July 11, 2009 by Square Enix. The video game will feature four-player cooperative play, which may attract...
- New this week. Harlan, Megan; Walk, Gary Eng // Entertainment Weekly;10/03/97, Issue 399, p92
Highlights a World Wide Web site, Disgruntled Housewife, and a Nintendo game, Goldeneye.