Activision Bags Budcat, Sells Massive
- Ubisoft Grabs Action Pants. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;2/3/2009, p6
This article reveals that video game developer and publisher Ubisoft has agreed to acquire Vancouver, British Columbia-based studio Action Pants. Christine Burgess-Quemard, Ubisoft's executive director of worldwide production studios, says they are delighted to the idea of establishing...
- THREE THINGS WE HAVE LEARNT FROM THIS YEAR'S GAMING MECCA, E3! Squires, Rosie // Dolly;Aug2014, Issue 524, p135
This section offers news briefs concerning the video game industry as of August 2014, including games that will be released within the year, video game company Ubisoft offering the game "Just Dance" through smartphones and video game company Rockstar making the game GTA 5 available in PS3 and...
- Activision CEO Optimistic On Games' Future. Suciu, Peter // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/26/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the growing market for video games. According to Mike Griffith, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Activision Publishing, at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), sales of video games were on the rise from 2004 to 207, a time when music sales were...
- Budcat Creations shuts down. // Corridor Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p17
The article reports on the closure of Budcat Creations office in Iowa City, Iowa as decided by the Activision Inc. which acquired Budcat in late 2008.
- Redesigning game industries studies. Payne, Matthew Thomas; Steirer, Gregory // Creative Industries Journal;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, preceding p67
The article offers information on future media industries scholarship and redesigning the video game industries in the U.S. Topics discussed include continuing popularity of digital cameras, mentions some of video game publisher Activision's Skylanders video game series including Skylanders:...
- Our House: Party! // Children's Technology Review;10/1/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p16
The article evaluates the house-renovating video game Our House: Party developed by Budcat Creations.
- BlastWorks: Build, Trade, Destroy. A. B. // Children's Technology Review;7/1/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p7
The article reviews the video game BlastsWorks: Build, Trade, Destroy developed by Budcat Creations.
- TechSpin: A Look From Abroad. Dreyfuss, Joel // Red Herring;6/24/2008, p3
The article discusses various issues of interest to people involved in the global technology industry. The British games industry is urging the Great Britain government to support its efforts to address the flight of jobs and projects to countries with low labor costs. The "Economic Daily/Les...
- ZENIMAX MEDIA ACQUIRES ID SOFTWARE. // Multimedia Publisher;Aug2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p5
The article announces the acquisition of game studio, id Software, by ZeniMax Media Inc., parent company of game publisher Bethesda Softworks. id Software is the creator of videogames such as DOOM, QUAKE and RAGE. The significance of the acquisition deal is mentioned. A brief background of both...