TechSpin: The Good News About Online Ads
- Defending Mary(Letter). Phillips, Chuck // Fortune;7/23/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p26
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Where Mary Meeker Went Wrong," in the May 14, 2001 issue.
- The woman in the bubble. Cassidy, John // New Yorker;04/26/99-05/03/99, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p48
Profiles Mary Meeker, an Internet analyst in Wall Street. Job description; Previous work experiences at investment firm Morgan Stanley Dean Witter; Biographical details; Achievements; Respect and admiration from colleagues and Internet executives; Role in the success of firms such as Netscape...
- Identifying Locations for Targeted Advertising on the Internet. Bhatnagar, Amit; Papatla, Purushottam // International Journal of Electronic Commerce;Spring2001, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p23
Due to steady erosion in the effectiveness of on-line advertising (e.g., banners and buttons placed at frequently visited sites), on-line businesses need to target their ad campaigns more precisely to reach the segments they are interested in. This paper examines the issue of how to identify...
- IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS. Munk, Nina // Vanity Fair;Aug2001, Issue 492, p100
Focuses on the reputations of Wall Street research analysts in the United States. Impact of the electronic commerce crisis on the analysts; Description of Mary Meeker as a person; Knowledge on the functions of an analyst; Enumeration of the achievements of Jack Grubman.
- Web advertising works best with pictures, just like any other medium. SHENK, GARY // New Media Age;1/29/2009, p15
The author stresses that pictures will also work in online advertising just like it worked in any advertising medium. He claims that the culture of Great Britain is visual which is why pictures speak much louder than words in advertising. The author reveals that image search has been growing...
- Telecoms: Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Apr2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p263
The article offers updates related to the telecommunications industry across the globe. Verizon Wireless and Skype Ltd. have partnered to bring Skype into Verizon wireless smartphones in 2010. EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering has revealed that its corporate name has been changed to EXFO Inc....
- The Cute Route. // Adweek;1/12/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 2, special section p10
An evaluation is presented of Internet advertising created by and for the Internet telephony firm Skype.
- The Cute Route. Lipman, Gregg // MediaWeek;1/12/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, special section p10
The article presents an evaluation of Internet advertising created for and by the Internet telephony company Skype.
- Skype rolls out 'longest ever' live ad on the internet. // Marketing Week;5/8/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p9
The article reports on the launching of Skype Nomad, the longest-ever Internet advertisement, by Skype. The campaign will map the progress of Australian writer Rebecca Campbell over a 33-day journey that will be recorded on the Internet. Skype is supporting the campaign through a partnership...