Qualcomm, Loopt Team on Location Services
- READER POLL. // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p20
Presents the "Telephony" reader poll on which carrier will be Qualcomms' first partner for mobile multimedia.
- Promising microBREW. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;1/28/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on the Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW), an application-development environment for cellular phones, from Qualcomm Incorporated. Carriers targeted for the platform; What the platform allows developers; Internet site for the Brew Software Development Kit.
- QUALCOMM INTEGRATES AUDIO ENHANCERS INTO MSM CHIPSETS. // Modem Users News;Aug2004, pN.PAG
QUALCOMM Inc. has licensed Q3D and QXpander technologies from QSound Labs Inc. and will integrate these audio enhancers into select QUALCOMM Mobile Station Modem (MSM) chipsets. Q3D and QXpander, part of QSound's microQ family of audio components, can create a 3 dimensional audio effect with...
- Qualcomm Prizes China's Decision to Open Up 3G 'Ecosystem'. Gincel, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p7
The article reports on the implications of China's decision to foster third generation (3G) ecosystem for Qualcomm Inc. in the U.S. It states that the company would be paid for any licensing agreements and royalties it makes with cellular phones manufacturers. Qualcomm also profits from chip...
- Dr. Paul Jacobs. // San Diego Business Journal;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 47, pA34
The article profiles Dr. Paul Jacobs of Qualcomm Inc. He and his executive management team negotiated the conclusion of three years of litigation and came into a 15-year cross-licensing agreement with Nokia Corp. The deal has validated Qualcomm Inc.'s position on 3G and 4G technologies and also...
- MILC: A secure and privacy-preserving mobile instant locator with chatting. Loukas, Athanasios; Damopoulos, Dimitrios; Menesidou, Sofia; Skarkala, Maria; Kambourakis, Georgios; Gritzalis, Stefanos // Information Systems Frontiers;Jul2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p481
The key issue for any mobile application or service is the way it is delivered and experienced by users, who eventually may decide to keep it on their software portfolio or not. Without doubt, security and privacy have both a crucial role to play towards this goal. Very recently, Gartner has...
- QUALCOMM/TELIT SIGN MCDMA MODEM CARD LICENSE PACT. // Modem Users News;Jan2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
This article reports on the license agreement formed by Qualcomm Inc., a developer of code division multiple access (CDMA) and other advanced wireless technologies, and international mobile communications specialist Telit Communications SpA. Under the terms of the agreement, Qualcomm has granted...
- PalmOne: licensing potential. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;January 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the potential of PalmOne to license its smartphone software to mobile handset manufacturers. Features of Treo 600; Benefits of a move by PalmOne to license its application layer and user interface technology out to other Palm OS licensees.
- Marvell adds TTPCom licence to Intel business. // Electronics Weekly;2/28/2007, Issue 2277, p16
The article reports that with its agreement to license Motorola TTPCom 30 technology, Marvell is on the path of expanding Intel mobile handset chip business. The agreement covers the Motorola TTPCom cellular protocol software stack, which will allow it to offer hardware and software platforms...