China's ChangAn Revs Up Electric Car
- ChangAn to build cars in Mexico. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jan/Feb2009, p18
The article reveals the plan of ChangAn Automobile Group to build a manufacturing plant in Mexico with the aim of exporting cars to North America. ChangAn is the Chinese partner of Ford Motor Company. ChangAn vice president Luo Minggang reveals that the company has signed an initial agreement...
- First I.DE.A. China car starts production. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;7/26/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the initial pilot production of Changan Automotive's CM8 small minivan by I.DE.A Institute. Information on the CM8; Concept behind the design of the car; Details of other projects being developed by the institute for Chinese car makers.
- Ford ally in China plans small car; eyes U.S. Webb, Alysha // Automotive News;7/10/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6211, p20
The article reports that Changan Automobile Group, Ford Motor Co.'s Chinese production partner, will launch a small economy car in September 2006 that it wants eventually to export to the U.S. Changan would join a small stampede of Chinese automakers with ambitions to sell cars in the U.S. They...
- I.DE.A. nearly triples size of its staff in China. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;5/30/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the decision of the I.D.E.A. Institute to increase its workforce in China to cope with increasing business from local automobile manufacturers, as of May 2005. Information on Chongqing Changan Automobile Group, the main customer of the Italian design company in China; Models designed...
- Automotive Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p9
Reports on global developments related to the automotive industry. Plan of Volvo Penta, a Volvo owned global manufacturer of engines and complete power systems, to expand its engine plant in Shanghai, China; Approval by the Chinese central government of a joint venture manufacturing facility...
- Big 5 tighten grip on production, sales. // Automotive News Europe;5/2/2005 Supplement, Vol. 10, p19
Provides information on several domestic automobile companies in China in 2005. Beijing Automotive Industry Corp.; Chongqing Changan Automobile Group; Dongfeng Motor Corp.; First Automobile Works Group; Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.
- New thin-panel batteries will give auto designers greater freedom. Morton, Ian // Automotive News Europe;07/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p19
Reports on the adoption of lithium-ion rechargeable batteries by the automotive industry. Function of the batteries; Advantages of lithium-ion batteries; Developers of the batteries.
- Why drivers are in for a shock. Crain, Keith // Automotive News Europe;08/28/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p10
Editorial. Comments on the use of 42-volt automobile battery system in the Europe. Distinction between 12-volt and 42-volt batteries; Comments on the direction of technological advancement on batteries and battery chargers.
- SOCIAL INSIGHTS. // Motor Age;Jan2017, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p24
The article presents miscellaneous topics related to automobile industry including automobile battery residing under older predecessors, reprogramming a module can be a daunting task, and working of technicians.