Nokia Lowers Market Forecast Again
- NOKIA INTRODUCES SMARTPHONE FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS. // Telephone IP News;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on the launch of the Nokia 9300 smartphone from Nokia in 2004. Key features; Product design; Target consumers; Company background.
- The Asian Handset Invasion. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p20
Focuses on the interest of Asian manufacturers in producing cellular handsets in an effort to operate in a global market, as of October 2004. Forecast on the operation of Korean handset manufacturers; Problem facing Asian manufacturers; Performance of margins on low-end phones.
- Forecasts from Ericsson Mobility Report 2014. // Voice & Data;Jun2014, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p62
The article presents information on business forecasting for mobile communication system in India. The total number of mobile subscriptions will surpass the world's population in 2015. The number of smartphone subscriptions is predicted to exceed by 2016 and by 2019, the number of active...
- A camera for every phone. // Wireless Asia;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p10
Predicts the growth of the cameraphone market. Expected increase in the demand for mobile handsets with camera; Forecasts made by InfoTrends/CAP Ventures; Expansion of the worldwide cameraphone market.
- Pushed and shoved on push-to-talk. Tanner, John C. // America's Network;5/15/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p16
The wireless industry is so excited about push-to-talk over cellular (PoC) that it is not willing to wait for an open standard - or at least Nokia is not, according to critics who gave the Finnish company an earful in March 2004 for allegedly pushing its own proprietary standard rather than...
- movements. // Telecom Asia;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p17
The article reports developments in the telecommunication industry worldwide. BT, Nokia Corp. and Nortell announce plans to slash jobs in order to stay buoyant in the global economic crisis. HTC developed the first GSM/Wimax handset in the world exclusively for the Russian market. The proposed...
- Pak talks for 16bn minutes a month. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2013, p12
The article reports on the data released by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) which revealed that outgoing calls from mobile phones to local fixed line and other cellular networks has increased by 40 percent in 2011-2012 with 192.9 billion minutes per year. It states that the increase...
- NOKIA ENHANCES MESSAGING DEVICE WITH NEW FEATURES. // Telephone IP News;Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, pN.PAG
Reports on the launch of the Nokia 6822 cellular telephone as of February 2005. Difference of the handset from other Nokia models; Features of the cellular telephone; Background on the operations of Nokia.
- Nokia Pushing For Push-To-Talk In '04. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p6
Deals with the effort of carriers of Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) such as Nokia to introduce push-to-talk service. Phases of the shipment; Details of expansion plans for GSM phones.