Tesla Revs Up $40 Million
- 'Spaceman' Investor Maintains Lofty Goals. BRIAN DEAGON // Investors Business Daily;3/20/2015, pA04
An interview with Steve Jurvetson, a partner at venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), an early investor in Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX), the manufacturer of rockets and space capsules founded by Elon Musk of Tesla Motors Inc., is presented. When asked on what drew...
- Tesla's Musk: Purpose-built EVs will be better. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News;10/11/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6433, p3
The article reports on an announcement by Tesla Motors' chief executive officer (CEO) Elon Musk regarding the better design of the next-generation electric vehicles.
- Tesla develops electric Smart cars with Daimler. // North Texas Automotive Report;Feb2009, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Tesla Motors Inc. and Daimler AG are manufacturing an electric Smart microcar. According to Elon Musk, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Tesla, the electric carmaker has been working with Daimler since the year 2007 to produce the vehicles for lease customers. Daimler...
- U.S. Government Fuels $350M Tesla Loan. Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;2/11/2009, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Energy will issue $350 million in loans to electric car manufacturer Tesla Motors. Such loan is aimed at helping Tesla finance its Model S and keep it on track for production in 2011. Model S is expected to sell for nearly $60,000. Meanwhile, Tesla...
- Tesla cuts losses but sees costly year ahead. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;2/24/2014, Vol. 88 Issue 6609, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla Motors as of February 2014. The company has sold 22,477 cars and posted a revenue of two billion dollars and a net loss of 74 million dollars during its first year. According to Tesla chief executive officer...
- PLUGGED IN. Friend, Tad // New Yorker;8/24/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 25, p50
The article discusses Tesla Motors, its chief executive officer (CEO) Elon Musk, and his company's plans to develop an electric car, the Model S, that will signal the end of gas-powered cars. It is believed by some that the world's supply of oil could be exhausted by 2050 and the possibility of...
- Lutz offers high praise for Musk, Tesla. // Automotive News;11/14/2011, Vol. 86 Issue 6490, p46
The article focuses on the comments of Tesla Motors Inc. co-founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Elon Musk, on the firm's Model S, and other plans.
- TESLA TUSSLE. Johnson, Tom // MinnesotaBusiness;May2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p7
A blog from the founder of Tesla Motors Inc. Elon Musk is discussed.
- Whether it's arrogance, genius or both, Musk has an EV vision. Anantharaman, Krishnan M. // Automotive News;6/3/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6571, p8
The article presents the author comments on the vision of Elon Musk, founder of Tesla Motors Inc.