RockYou Rakes in $17M
- Are His Widgets Worth Half a Billion? Hempel, Jessi; Copeland, Michael V. // Fortune International (Europe);3/31/2008, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p20
The article discusses the growing popularity of widgets, small programs which operate in web applications such as online social networks or blogs, and notes their desirability to advertisers. Max Levchin, the chief executive officer of the largest widget company Slide, emphasizes the importance...
- Social services. Wood, Nick // Total Telecom Magazine;Jun2008, p36
The article deals with the different social networking approaches proposed by mobile operators to allow mobile to assume a bigger role in social networking. There is still no common consensus over whether to incorporate features specific to mobile social networking on handsets, as well as doubts...
- SK Telecom and SoftBank Launch LTE Roaming Service. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the launch of the long term evolution (LTE) roaming service by telecommunication companies SK Telecom Co. Ltd. and Softbank Corp. in South Korea and Japan.
- Can You Hum a Few Bars? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p20
The article provides information on the music recognition services for wireless handsets offered by wireless carriers in South Korea. An application software called Mobile LaLa Search, is considered as the first music recognition technology using consumer humming, available through SK Telecom....
- Future Releases. // Children's Technology Review;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p20
The article offers brief information on several interactive media products for children including Cars 2 Racing video game from Jakks Pacific Inc., T Smart Learning Device from SK Telecom Co. Ltd. and TI-Nspire CX Handheld calculator from Texas Instruments Inc.
- SK Telecom completes offering. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Reports that SK Telecom has completed the offering of depositary receipts in South Korea. Use of the proceeds of the offering to fund expansion plans.
- SK Telecom completes offer of $100M ADRs. // RCR;12/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p1
Reports that SK Telecom has completed an offer of American Depository Receipts, by filing a registration statement with Korea's Minister of Finance and Economy. Value of the offer; Information on SK Telecom.
- SK Telecom reports no plans to make handsets, despite reports. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p98
States that the cellular carrier company, SK Telecom Company Limited has no plans to manufacture handsets regardless to what was reported by the a South Korean newspaper. Comments from Steve Altman, senior vice president and general manager of Qualcomm's Technology Transfer Division; Reference...
- SKT begins FLEX service in Korea. // RCR;07/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p50
Announces that a FLEX-based paging network was launched by SK Telecom in South Korea. What the service provides; Features of the service.