U.S. DOE: $30M For Advanced Vehicle Tech
- Cooper, Goodyear, PPG snag DOE grants. Davis, Bruce // Rubber & Plastics News;9/5/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p0004
The article reports on the 1.5 million dollar government grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to Copper Tire & Rubber Co., Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., and PPG Industries Inc. to fund the different projects targeted to improve fuel consumption of vehicles in the country.
- 3M pact. // Chemical Week;5/21/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 20, p33
Presents 3M contract with the Department of Energy (DOE) to explore feasibility of developing thin film tapes of high-temperature superconductors. Applications of the proposed technology; Alliance with DOE's Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Latest Wireless Gizmo: Chargers For Electric Vehicles. // Energy Daily;5/3/2012, Issue 86, p5
The article announces a plan by the U.S. Energy Department to release four million U.S. dollars in federal funding to develop wireless chargers for electric vehicles.
- More Power Over The Same Towers. // Popular Mechanics;Mar2003, Vol. 180 Issue 3, p20
Reports that a type of cable that doubles the amount of energy that can be carried by high-voltage powerlines may solve one of the most pressing problems faced by the U.S. Details of a cable being tested by the U.S. Department of Energy and 3M Co.; Composition of the cable; Place where the...
- 3M & DOE Establish Public/Private R&D Partnership. // Sustainable Business Weekly;4/12/2010, p6
The article reports on research and development agreements between the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory with 3M Co. for establishing a public/private partnership aimed at shifting the U.S. toward clean energy.
- Department of Energy Gets $34 Million for MHK Research. // Sea Technology;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p64
The article discusses the allocation of 34 million dollars of federal funding for marine and hydrokinetic (MHK) technoligy research at the U.S. Department of Energy's Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Water Power research and development program in the 2012 omnibus U.S. federal spending bill.
- Nuclear Research. // Nuclear Plant Journal;May/Jun2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the selection of 71 university research project awards announced by Secretary Steven Chu of the U.S. Dept. of Energy (DOE). It states that the research project awards are part of the investments in the research and development (R&D) of nuclear energy of the DOE. The said...
- Healthier GM eligible for U.S. energy loans. Barkholz, David // Automotive News;9/6/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6428, p21
The article reports that General Motors Corp. (GM) is set to receive several billion dollars of low-interest energy loans from the U.S. GM has applied for the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program offered by the U.S. Department of Energy. The program was funded by the Congress...
- FutureTruck cooks up efficient SUVs. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;6/18/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5935, p46
Focuses on a joint program between automaker General Motors and the United States Department of Energy. Creation of a competition to design and build the most fuel-efficient sport-utility; Recipe for improving the fuel economy and emissions performance of light trucks; Lessons learned by...