Did Verizon Hype Storm Demand?
- Suppliers, Carriers Ramp Up Efforts To Gain Smartphone Share. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/16/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p36
The article reports on the efforts of telecommunications companies and suppliers in the U.S. to increase sales of smartphones as of November 2015. These telecommunication firms include Verizon Communications Inc. which partnered with smartphone manufacturer Motorola Inc. to launch a smartphone...
- iPhone in Path of Verizon Storm. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;11/13/2008, p8
The article announces the release of Storm, Blackberry's first touch-screen model, by Verizon Wireless.
- How Much Does a Smartphone Really Cost? Barnard, Lauren; Sullivan, Mark // PC World;Oct2009, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p33
The article provides a comparison of the prices of eight of the most popular smartphones on the market as of September 2009. It provides a computation of the total cost of ownership for two years and the monthly cost. The cost per month to own the iPhone 3GS from AT&T, the BlackBerry Tour from...
- Carrier Q4 Focus: Smartphones, Touchscreens. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/12/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that the fourth quarter of 2009 will play host to several launches of smartphones, touchscreen phones and messaging phones by carriers in the U.S. These carriers will be competing against the iPhone and aim to obtain higher data revenues to offset low voice revenues. AT&T...
- Phones Feel The Heat. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;5/17/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 20, p28
The article presents information on the cellular telephone downloading of music onto smartphones such as the BlackBerry and iPhone, focusing on the music industry's hopes that technological improvements will make this a more popular and lucrative phenomenon. The efforts of Verizon Wireless to...
- Verizon acquires Georgia RSA. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p5
Announces that Verizon Wireless has acquired the cellular service market designated Georgia-RSA 5 from Blackwater Cellular Corp.
- Stay in Touch, Wherever You Roam. J. B. // Inc.;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p60
The article evaluates several smartphone products including the HTC Aria Android phone, the Nokia E73 Mode T-mobile phone and the Blackberry Bold 9650 phone from Verizon.
- Competition driving smartphone takeover. REEDY, SARAH // Connected Planet;Dec2009, p8
The article discusses a growing trend towards smartphones which is predicted to overtake the combined earnings of standard mobile phones by 2012. It cites the competitions to mobile phones provided by new handsets such as the Motorola Droid from Verizon Wireless and the Research in Motion's...
- Verizon's Adds 2nd Droid, More PTT, Prepaid Broadband. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p10
The article enumerates the features of Verizon Wireless' new products including the HTC-made Droid Eris, the Motorola-made Droid and the BlackBerry Curve 8530.