Internet Services Team Up Their Metadata and Subrights Applications
- Subrights Picks Up Ally PubEasy In Online Rights Selling Competition. // Book Publishing Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p3
Reports the alliance between Subrights.com and PubEasy.com to increase its competitiveness in the Internet rights selling market in New York. Terms of the agreement; Background of the companies; Similarity of philosophies about the influence of Internet on the marketplace; Reason of PubEasy for...
- PubEasy, Subrights Team Up. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p24
Reports on the strategic alliance formed by PubEasy.com and Subrights.com. Purpose of the alliance; Terms on the agreement between the two companies; Views of Subrights.com Chief Executive Officer Joel Fishman on the alliance.
- Whither On-line Rights Trading? Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;10/30/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 44, p38
Offers a look at the state of the business of several online rights trading companies as of October 2000. Online rights trading at Rightscenter.com; Pricing scheme at Subrights.com; Details on the online publishing business of Rightsworld.com.
- Rightsworld, NetRead Team Up. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/9/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 41, p17
Focuses on the strategic alliance formed by Rightsworld.com and NetRead company to promote each other's online publishing tools. Terms of the agreement; Brief information on both companies.
- Business... // Link-Up;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p13
Presents news briefs on the Internet industry as of July 2001. Information on the business intelligence meta search engine of IntelliSeek; Report of the United States Department of Commerce Census Bureau on electronic commerce; Online publishing industry portal of the company R.R. Bowker.
- The Reasons Behind Bowker's Sale. Jacsó, Péter // Information Today;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p36
Offers possible reasons for the sale Bowker, a producer of Internet databases. Suggestion that complacency and competition have exposed the company's shortcomings; Comparison of Bowker's database capabilities to those of Internet competitors, including the Internet Movie Database, the All Movie...
- Bowker aids ALA fund. // Library Journal;8/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 13, p28
Reports that noted reference publisher R.R. Bowker presented the American Library Association (ALA) Scholarship Endowment with a $10, 842 check during the ALA annual conference in New Orleans. Money came from an incentive offered by Bowker to librarians to fill out questionnaires by a specified...
- Children's reference prog. St. Lifer, Evan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;4/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p34
Announces that R.R. Bowker, New Providence, New Jersey, has initiated a new book program of interest to children's librarians, Young Readers Reference Collection. Purpose of collection; Cost; Contact point.
- Bowker, Whitaker join forces on CD-ROM. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 18, p20
Reports R.R. Bowker and J. Whitaker & Sons have agreed to jointly produce a combined database of more than two million English-language entries on a single CD-ROM. Two of the publishing industry's bibliographic giants; Ira Siegel, president of R.R. Bowker; New disc.