Evangelical Christian Publishers Getting Point-Of-Sale Data Service
- BookScan, B&N launch POS service, but publishers say more information needed. // Book Publishing Report;02/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
Reports the launching of point-of-sale (POS) service for publishers by BookScan and Barnes & Noble. Details of services offered to subscribers; Reaction of publishers on lack of sales information provided by POS system; Plans of BookScan to include other retailers in POS service; Objections of...
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p6
Reports developments related to book publishing in the U.S. as of April 2002. Clients of the point-of-sale data service of BookScan; Relocation of Perseus Books Group; Policy of Amazon.com on used books.
- Chapters puts terms on the table. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Sep98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p1
Reports the launch of another distribution center of Chapters Inc. in Canada. Impact of launch on the relationship between publishers and distributors; Concern over the emergence of tougher trade terms; Implementation of a point-of-sale inventory control system.
- 5 Ways to Get the Most Out of News-stand Promotions. RUTH, LINDA // Audience Development;Winter2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p11
The article offers tips for publishers to help them get the most out of their promotions spend. Publishers are advised to promote strong issues, strong channels, and point of sale. They are told to leverage promotion at every point in the distribution channel and to analyze promotion results....
- Dunnes Stores lays down the law to suppliers. // Checkout;Nov2009, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the stand-off between Dunnes Stores and news and magazine publishers about Dunnes' payment terms and record of its sales in Ireland. Dunnes wants to continue with its electronic point of sale (EPOS) system and use of cheque instead of direct debit. Magazine publishers and...
- EFT networks seen as driving point of sale. Barthel, Matt // American Banker;2/7/94, Vol. 159 Issue 25, p17
No abstract available.
- Technology talks! Jones, Cindy // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the benefits of a point-of-sale system in a business enterprise in the United States. Transaction information; Importance of a bar-code scanner; Functional requirements for a computerized register system; Shopping for the best equipments; On-site full-scale training. INSET:...
- The POS promise: Ready to deliver? Acede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Feb94, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p30
Discusses developments in point-of-sales (POS) automation. Search for an integrated solution connecting all aspects; Efforts of major oil companies on in-pump card readers; Formation of strategic alliances; Range of options; Benefits of open architecture; Trends in automation; Advances in...
- Point-of-sale terminal sales jumped in 1994, with an increase of 20% above 1993 sales, say news... // National Petroleum News;Mar95, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the increase in point-of-sale terminal deliveries in North America. Expansion of direct debit into traditional and new retail locations as reason for increase in sales.