Moms, Cops, & Voters against Gun Control
- ABA fosters discussion on reasonable, enforceable gun laws and safer streets. Silkenat, James R. // ABA Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the enforcement of the gun and firearm laws for keeping the streets and roads safer and secured. It reports the increase in the rate of gun violence in America and several cases related to it which is filed in favor of the victims under class action. It focuses on several...
- EXERCISING THE RIGHT. KREY, PATRICK // New American (08856540);7/6/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p40
This article titled "Exercising The Right" contains incidents from across the country where Guns were used by home owners to protect themselves against burglars. Articles titled such as "Better Do Something", "Happy Daze" and "Don't Care About Anybody" all talk about self defense and the right...
- Gun control advocates should study World War II. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/03/99, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p26
Comments on the proposals for stronger gun control laws in the United States. Comparison of the consequences of stronger laws with those of international disarmament agreements; Results of studies on the effects of gun ownership to the incidence of crime.
- Gun Control Victims. Jurado, Rachel // American Enterprise;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the pitfalls of gun control laws in the U.S. Consequences of the past gun control laws; Reasons for implementing gun control laws; Supporters of gun ownership.
- Fact-free crusades. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/22/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p19
The author discusses the issue of whether tighter gun control laws can reduce violence. According to the author, gun control laws do not actually control guns and disarm law-abiding citizens, increasing their vulnerability to criminals who remain armed in disregard of gun control laws. The...
- GUN CONTROL: POLITICAL FEARS TRUMP CRIME CONTROL. Cramer, Clayton E.; Olson, Joseph Edward // Maine Law Review;2009, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p57
The article focuses on the gun control laws in Great Britain. It notes that there were no laws regulating the possession, purchase, and peaceful carrying of firearms in Britain in 1870, but the Firearms Act of 1920 was introduced in 1920 to avoid misuse of firearms, gun running to Ireland, and...
- 'We Didn't Plan to Be Gun-Control Activists'. Milonopoulos, Niko; Milonopoulos, Theo // New York Times Upfront;10/13/2003, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p30
Offers information on a gun-control lobbying project called Kidz Voice-LA in Los Angeles, California. Events that prompted the creation of the group; Results of efforts to appeal with city council members; Ban which was passed.
- Don't shoot...ever. Parker, Shafer // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);11/22/99, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p28
Discusses gun registration and gun laws in Canada. The case of Mack Donnelly, who was not allowed to protect himself against his daughter's ex-convict mother; Problems with the system; Comments from Dave Tomlinson of the National Firearms Association.
- In Congress, the Uphill Battle for Gun Control. Schwartz, Emma // U.S. News & World Report;3/17/2008, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p41
This article focuses on debates surrounding gun control in the U.S. The article explains that on the federal level, 15 years have passed since gun legislation has been stressed. Topics include debates surrounding personal gun ownership and control, gun control laws in place in various states,...