MYANMAR: RISK SUMMARY
- Buddhist Nationalism in Burma. ZARNI, MAUNG // Tricycle: The Buddhist Review;Spring2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p50
The article discusses the economic and political developments in Burma, particularly on the role of Buddhism. It cites as examples the role played by the Theravada monks during the Saffron Revolution in 2007, as well as their public protests against the Islamic countries' distribution of aid to...
- snapshot. // In These Times;Jul2015, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p7
A photograph is presented of an ethnic Rohingya man who displays a photo of his son who is being held at a refugee camp outside the city of Sittwe, Myanmar.
- ARMENIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Jan2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the political and economic risks in Armenia including the decision of State Oil Co. of Azerbaijan Republic to acquire a stake in the North-South gas pipeline that runs from Russia to Armenia via Georgia, the economic development in the second quarter of 2010, and the...
- RISK SUMMARY: PARAGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;May2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on Paraguay's political, economic and business environment risks for 2012 which include the import controls implemented by Argentina, sluggish economic growth and the 216 million U.S. dollars loan from Japan for road infrastructure.
- RISK SUMMARY: URUGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;May2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on Uruguay's political, economic and business environment risks for 2012 such as the effect of economic growth slowdown on Uruguayan President Josï¿½ Mujica's popularity, stronger cooperation with China and a regulations dispute with tobacco manufacturer Philip Morris.
- ARMENIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Mar2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p8
The article presents updates on the political and economic risk, as well as the business environment in Armenia, including the population disputes in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, the growth of the industrial output, and the meeting of the Union of Armenian Medicine Producers and Importers (UAMPI).
- KYRGYZSTAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Mar2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p9
The article presents updates on the political and economic risk, as well as the business environment in Kyrgyzstan, including the death of suspected Islamic militants, the expected economic development in 2011, and the improvement of the business relations between Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan.
- "It's just going from bad to worse.". // Asian Pacific Post;11/1/2012, p11
The article reports that several Rohingya have been displaced in Rakhine State, Myanmar due to worsening levels of communal violence in 2012.
- Refugee flight "criminalized". // Asian Pacific Post;8/1/2013, p17
The article discusses the need for countries surrounding Myanmar to have a coordinated and immediate regional response to the increasing number of Rohingya asylum-seekers.