THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- CAUSE AND EFFECT. Sibillin, Anthony // BRW;4/9/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p20
The article focuses on the possible economic impact of the continuous economic assistance given by governments to lessen the effect of recession. It notes that governments implement intense economic policies to relieve their countries from another Great Depression. However, it alleges that...
- Foreign Relations. // Thailand Country Review;2009, p57
The article provides an overview of the foreign relations of Thailand as of 2009 with regards to its international economic relations, policy, and regional economic assumptions.
- Disillusionment: 1970-79. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p679
An almanac entry for the conditions of religion, politics and economy from 1970 to 1979 is presented. The 1960s boom faltered in the 1970s with a severe recession in the U.S. and Europe followed by a huge oil price hike. Business investment and spending for research declined. Severe inflation...
- A Fork in the Road. Fraga, Arminio // Finance & Development;Dec2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p14
The article presents the author's views concerning the economy in Latin America. According to the author, most countries in the region failed to credibly consolidate macroeconomic stability because they failed to implement the aspects of the Consensus. Sovereign spreads also are very low, and...
- The US and Bangla Desh: Bailing Out Pakistan. Sobhan, Rehman // New Republic;6/5/71, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on plans of the U.S. to reform the Mutual Security Pact of 1954 that started the relationship between the U.S. and Pakistan and economic aid to Pakistan as it slides towards disintegration that is the formation of Bangladesh. Details of the aid packages to Pakistan; View that the...
- Prosperity After the War. Woytinsky, W. S. // New Republic;7/31/44, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p130
Analyzes the economic consequences in the U.S. after the end of World War II. Opinion that by the end of the war the nation will possess a possible $250 billion in savings and liquid reserves--several times the amount of its pre-war annual income; Prediction of inflationary situation that may...
- INTRODUCTION. RAYMOND, CHRISTIAN; ROBERT, BORDES // Revue d'Ã‰conomie FinanciÃ¨re;mar2014, Vol. 113, p9
No abstract available.
- Why Bother about Rising Prices When the Cash is Fake? Barman, Abheek // India -- West;10/7/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 46, pA8
The article argues against the views of Indian government on the issue of inflation.
- Slow growth but reliable income streams. // Finance Week;3/22/2002, p40
Focuses on the impact of the threat of global recession on many retired people in South Africa. Average of discount rate of net asset value; Investment of funds on quality real estate companies; Accounts on the capacity to hedge against inflation.