THE ENDOWMENT FUND FOR THE SUPPORT OF THE JOURNAL OF DENTAL RESEARCH
- The Constant Flirt. // Time;9/2/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p80
The article focuses on the success and operation of the London-based magazine "Encounter." It describes the magazine as a combination of articles on all subjects from book reviews to short stories to poetry. It emphasizes the decrease of losses of the magazine to 30, 000 dollars from 100, 000...
- Newsweek sales exceed estimates. Kocinska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the performance sales of 'Newsweek Polska' periodical in Poland. Launch of the periodical in September 2001; Factors contributed to the sales performance of the 'Newsweek Polska'; Details on circulation issues of the journal; Theme of the 'Newsweek Polska'.
- How low can you go? Russell, Anne M. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Editorial. Asserts that the watchword of nineties' magazine publishing is profit maximization. Tasks of advertising salespersons; Work ethic in the magazine publishing industry; Welcoming of new contributor Tony Lee; Pressures facing the industry; Scrooge mentality; Expansion of the space for...
- Double your (editorial) money. Lee, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p37
Presents tactics to attract high-quality articles. Searching the local bookstore for new titles in magazines' subject areas; Attending trade shows and conferences; Reprinting articles from publications that are targeted to readers marginally related to a magazine's audience; More.
- Magazines as information providers. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/93, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p48
Presents opinions of consumer-magazine experts on the future of the consumer-magazine industry. Issues discussed; Views of Susan Allyn, Dan Capell, Elizabeth Crow, John Klingel, Jeff Lapin, Diane Potter, Paul Roman, Anne Russell, and Herschel Sarbin.
- Healthy outlook for safety and hygiene revenues. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the January 1994 revenue of the safety and health sector of magazine publishing in the United States. Percentage revenue increase; Total amount; Reason behind the growth.
- A new financial landscape. Silber, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;07/15/98, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p7
Editorial. Presents information on suggestions relating to financial strategies you need to deal with as an independent magazine publisher, with reference to the actions taken by many private equity firms. Reference to the performance of the industry of the overall economy; Prices being payed...
- MAKE YOUR PROGRESSIVE VALUES LIVE ON! Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;Jul2007, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p25
The article presents a letter from the editor soliciting support for the periodical.
- Good year for staples. // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p7
Cites the New York Times News Service report on the optimism of magazine industry executives for 1994. Anticipated publication of new magazines; Predicted revenue growth.